Note: By way of explanation for the first part of his e-mail, Kyle told us at Christmas that he wasn't going to send us any pictures of him because he'd decided that "we saw him when we left and couldn't see him again until he returned." Last week he sent us pictures from his first baptism but he cut himself out of the pictures. In my letter to him I let him know just how I felt about his "no pictures" policy.
That's funny because a couple days ago we had a huge snow storm and i decided i'd tortured you guys enough and so i took a couple pictures of the snow and a couple with me and the rest of the district and sent them to you guys so you should be getting them shortly. Nothing to be upset about. I'm sure dad probably had a big fit. I'm not lying about losing the weight. I just kinda wanted you guys to see the big change when I came back. Half of why I don't usually send pictures is because I haven't taken very many and even less of myself so there aren't many pictures of me to send anyway, but like i said though I printed up a bunch of pictures and they should be there soon. By the way, transfers are today! So i'll be getting a new companion. Elder T and Elder R got transferred and so Elder B and I are companions for the day and I should meet my new companion around four today. It's weird thinking about spending the next six weeks 24/7 with someone else because I've been with Elder T for the past three months. It'll be a big adjustment but hopefully it'll be a good change. Everything's been going great. This week was a little slow for the work because we had a lot of meetings that we had to go to in Morristown. We still met the standards but we didn't excel like we usually do. We started this week off strong though and we've helped out a lot of people. We've been working really hard whenever we can and the blizzard we got on Friday grounded us for the first time. We went out and shoveled a couple people out but shoveling driveways with a foot of snow on them is a little harder than I expected. I'm not sick anymore but i'm definitely looking forward to some sunny weather. We're working really hard at setting the people who we are teaching with dates when they can enter into the covenant of baptism and receive all the great blessings that come with it. We're excited about the coming week and i'll email you next week with who my new companion is! I hope you can forgive me and my "evil ways." I don't take many pictures because I'm trying my best to focus on the work and not waste any time. Some missionaries take too many pictures and I think that it can really be a deterrent for dilligent service. I don't take that many pictures because i'm lazy but because I feel a better use of the Lord's time is doing his work. I'll continue to send the few pictures I do take but know that I am trying to keep an eye single to the glory of God so that I continue to qualify for this work. (D&C 4:5) I love you all and I hope that you have a great week!
-Elder Guinto
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment