Hmm i am concerned that you haven't gotten the photos yet. I sent them like two weeks ago. They should be there. Sorry I didn't get to write last week. We didn't have much time to do email and I didn't get one from you so I guess I forgot about it. Sorry. Tell Katelyn not to worry. I did remember it was her birthday. Just ask everyone here in Sparta, I made sure everyone knew. I'll probably send her an entertaining card or something. It's been a busy week. Sounds like we pretty much have a new member of the family with this Polish girl. Hopefully I get to meet her someday. I got the pictures you sent and everybody looks real nice. I really like Maleah's braces! She only got them on the top teeth? You'll be pleased to know that I haven't been losing weight lately. I've pretty much leveled out at 225. I'm gaining muscle at pretty much the same rate i'm losing fat now. I'm sad that the Ds moved! I really liked them. Now you get to hear about my companion! His name is Elder Q. He's from West Jordan Utah. I'll be honest he's pretty interesting. I'll print off some pictures today and send them to you. Actually I'll just send the card I think this time. He's about average height and blonde. He's pretty geeky and he's into computers and video games and that kind of stuff. Definitely a big transition from Elder T. We get along fine enough but we argue a lot about finer things. He's got a pretty "Utah" way about things and definitely has grown up where the Gospel is "common sense." It's definitely different teaching with him but I think it'll just take some getting used to. I'm definitely seeing where I'll need the patience and understanding with my companions that my patriarchal blessing tells me about. I hope we can be blessings to each other. We got a huge snow storm this week. At our apartment we got like two and a half feet which took us two and a half hours to shovel out! We did a lot of shoveling these past few days so now we're in great shape! Down at Lake Hopatcong we had to wade through about four feet of snow to get to an investigator's door! It was crazy. And we just keep getting more! I'm pretty sick and tired of winter in New Jersey but we keep on trudging on. It was real nice to get a lot of mail this week from Grandma and the Teshners and the Falters. Mail is always a sweet reminder of home. I'm gonna try and get better at responding to mail. I still have to write Aunt Kelly, Sister Mulks, the Falters, the Teshners, the Browns and Grandma. I'll make time for it today though. It's so hard to find time in our super busy day to do anything. I'm loving the work out here. Not much update because the work was really hindered by the weather but the truth of God continues to go forth boldly, nobly, and independant! I hope you guys have a great week!
-Elder Guinto
P.S. Katelyn and Maleah better be reading their scriptures like I told them to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment