Monday, March 15, 2010

E-mail received 3/15/2010

We got a little of the storm. Lot's of rain and lots of wind but nothing that i'm not used to in Washington. It's the snow that gets to me but we don't have it anymore. We're not allowed to use any other internet sites other than church sponsored ones but i'll definitely use the outlet to talk to V. We've stopped by her house a couple times and no one answers the door. We'll keep trying though. I got the package and thanks so much! The cookies didn't last long and I love the ties! Green and purple are actually some of my favorite colors in ties so it worked out real nice. I'm sure i'll enjoy the scarf and earmuffs next winter. Something's got to change in M. He's too used to a chaotic lifestyle in which he's just scraped by and it's been enough for him. He's got to rise up and desire some form of excellence in his life. That's so good that E is starting to turn towards her Father in Heaven again. Make sure you guys do whatever you can to support her in that effort. It will be well worth our while when she has that mighty change of heart. Oh something I forgot to add in my email last week. I took up crocheting. It's something several of the missionaries do out here in their "abundant" spare time. I made a beanie with ear flaps. It's pretty cool actually. This week has been really great. We've really worked hard and received great benefits. I don't know if I told you this but we've been teaching an elderly gentleman who lives in a nursing home in Andover. It's never too late for someone to receive the Gospel! Anyways he told us this week that he's been thinking about it a lot and he wants to be baptised! He's scheduled to enter into the covenant on April 11! We were so excited when he told us this! It truly is amazing the power of the Book of Mormon. Only the week before he was having his doubts about the church. He read only ten pages of the Book before he told us that he knew it was a blessing from God and it was exactly what he needed. Truly a blessing. Sorry it's a little short but not much really to report on this end.

No comments:

Post a Comment