Sounds like the girls are doing great. That would be awesome if Katelyn got into SOAR. That's what's really set me up for after my mission. It makes me really grateful, talking to other missionaries about their plans for after the mission, that God has really blessed me so much to have the amount of direction and planning that I do have to really feel secure about what the future holds for me. I'm actually pretty jealous still of D. What I wouldn't give to have it as rough as he's got it! I want to be roughing and all that stuff. There's humbler people there and I bet the kind of learning and preparation you get there is amazing! But I'm glad of where ever the Lord needs me most and obviously he needs me here. Yeah I need to thank Kelly for all the nice things she's done for me. But I lost her address and I don't have her email address. Could you send them to me? I really need to thank her. She's a champion! I've tried to get in contact with V J but no one ever answers the door. But it looks like my time here in Sparta is over because I'm getting transferred tomorrow! I'm really nervous. Not really so much that I'm going to a new area but I found out last night that I'm going to have a lot of responsibility there. I got called as a District Leader! It's apparently extremely rare for someone as young in the mission as I am to get called as a district leader but I guess the Lord needs my leadership to help out somebody. I only hope that I can do what is necessary and be able to be a blessing and to be able to serve those missionaries as best I can. It's pretty scary knowing that I'll be leading missionaries who are probably older and more experienced than I am and who I don't know in an area I know nothing about! But the Lord will provide. Elder B and I are the only missionaries getting transferred from our zone. Elder W is going home. I can't even think that far ahead. That'll definitely be an odd feeling but thankfully I have plenty of time yet until my service ends. Can you believe I've been gone for almost five months? I feel like I've grown and changed so much is such a little amount of time. It's a wonder what the Lord can work as we do his will. This week we did a lot of valuable work. We're desperately low on our miles so we've turned our humongous car area into a humongous walking area. We've definitely been getting some good exercise, which I loved, and we've been able to help people to learn, love, and accept the Gospel. One investigator we saw frequently we helped out a lot. In the beginning of the week he passed us in his car and we ran to go and talk to him. We found out that he was running on some really tough times and had NO FOOD to eat that day. So, much to Elder Q's surprise, I said that we had some food at our apartment that we would gladly give him. We returned to our apartment and, again much to Elder Q's surprise, I put every non-perishable food item we owned into a large box which we excitedly delivered to him. He was so grateful for it and we were able to invite him to a meeting which we had later that week. At that meeting he felt the Spirit so strongly. With tears of gratitude and humility he pulled me aside after the meeting and told me the words I'd been dying to hear, "Let's do this baptism thing." Elder Q and whoever his new companion is will be working very intensely with him over the next few weeks to prepare him for his scheduled baptismal date of April 18. It's so amazing and exciting to see how the Gospel touches the lives of these amazing people and the profound effect such a change can have on every aspect of their being. I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ truly does have the power to save lives and the work of saving His children goes on throughout the world on the shoulders of His nineteen-year-old servants, uplifted by the Spirit and strengthened by the truth. I look forward to the bright possibility of the future and the blessings that I know God will give me to complete his work and be the means of bringing some soul unto Christ.
-Elder Guinto
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment