Yes. I love crocheting! I'm making another beanie but this one i'm making with ear flaps and a bill. It should be cool. We don't have much time but I work on it when I can. One really cool thing to note from this week. We had a zone conference this week and one of the people who we got taught by was Brian Kehl, outside linebacker for the New York Giants! It was really cool. He taught us about exercising. I got a picture with him. We look good. That's cool to hear about David. That's good that's he's getting thrown in early because then he can do more good for the rest of his mission. I've been trying to incorporate some Filipino phrases in things so that I can slowly learn it again but I probably won't learn it as fast as David will. We've had a really nice sunny week this week with highs in the upper sixties and lower seventies. We've done a lot of walking to enjoy the sunshine and we've been doing a lot of service for people like putting in floors and working on roofs and things like that. It's been a real enjoyable week. We're getting low on our miles though so I think we're going to have to start walking whenever we get the chance. We've been working in particular with this one guy who lives in Stillwater. He was a referral from a member and he's progressed really fast. One day he was having bumps in his relationship with this one person and we were able to really help him out with words from the scriptures. The words of Christ just really speak to this man and even though he's a simple guy and has a hard time understanding a lot of it, the Spirit definitely bears witness that these things are true. I feel like I've finally gotten used to Elder Q and now transfers are coming up next week! We'll see what the future holds and by next week when I email you you'll know whether I'm going or staying in Sparta South. That's really awesome that Cameron got into BYU! We're going to the same school now. How is he doing by the way? I feel like I've gotten so out of touch with everything but then that's probably a good thing because I can really focus on what I'm doing here and now. I am taking more pictures, which should make you guys happy. I try and take at least one every preparation day and then if I meet anyone cool than I'll record that. It's just remembering to do it that's hard. I truly love doing missionary work. And you really have to because if I didn't I think I'd go crazy. But I do. So it's good. I hope you guys have a great week. Sorry there's not much to report this week but I'm doing well and you are all in my prayers. Make sure you are all doing your family and personal scripture study and get excited for General Conference in two weeks!
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment