Yeah, it actually became a problem a little bit this week(speaking of losing so much weight). I work out like crazy and I eat basically nothing. I probably only consume about 1200-1500 calories a day. (Which is not healthy.) My stomach has shrunk too much and if I try and eat any more I get sick from eating too much. I can barely get down half a bowl of rice and eggs. I'm working this week on eating more because this last week it got really hot and I was completely exhausted from not eating enough. Plus, fasting used to be a piece of cake for me but now it's like death to not eat for twenty four hours. I bought a new suit this week. Don't worry we found it at a garage sale and it only cost $15! It's a really nice suit though. It's different though because it's double breasted and I've never worn a suit like that. But it fits great and looks great. I took a picture of it so that you can see. I was going through my pictures and it looks like I haven't sent you guys pictures in a while. You can see just through the pictures my losing more and more weight. I'm actually working now on getting more toned than just losing weight. Especially because I think if I lose much more it'll make complications. You'll probably see one extra charge on my debit card today from GNC. I'm out of creatine and protein (basically all I've been "eating") so I'm getting some more today. For recipes I would really like the recipe for meatloaf, including the sauce, and the asian chicken salad. I think the asian chicken salad would actually be pretty cheap to make so that would be really cool because my roommates are from mexico and brazil, where they eat practically ONLY meat, and I'm the only vegetarian so that would be great. Also, if you ever feel the urge to send more mangoes that would be great. I think everyone in my district is hooked on them. A member told us where a filipino store is so we're probably going to check it out today. I'm excited to buy the rice cooker today! I'm making the coconut soup. I have all the ingredients. Except the shrimp because apparently it's cheaper at walmart. I think the rice cooker will help me get back to a healthier eating style because for a while now I've just been drinking protein mix and creatine mix with water and an apple or banana, if I felt like going crazy. This week's been great though. Our investigator with a baptismal date fell through though. He got called into work last minute and had to go. He's moving to India though so we're going to make sure that he gets in contact with the missionaries there and he'll be able to really understand everything. We saw a lot of miracles this week. Elder Calderoni and I were finding in this really rich part of our area, where we really don't expect any success. This lady answers her door and apparently she'd been knocked by Sister Black and Sister Picard in December and they had had some really good Gospel conversation. She was very open and excited to learn. We must have talked with her for about an hour and a half before we had to go. We're seeing her again on saturday to give her a Book of Mormon so that she can learn about it but she also said that the rest of her family was really interested in learning more because they all liked listening to the sisters. Another really cool experience, we were visiting and taking the Sacrament to some people in the Hospital and as we were leaving, a man who we saw in the elevator stopped us and wanted to know what we believed. Apparently he was a missionary of another faith and he really knew his scriptures. He was really blown away though because the more that we taught him the more he agreed with what we were saying. He said several times that what we were saying was spot on to what he had thought independently from his studies of the scriptures and not stuff that his church really agreed with. We actually got into some pretty deep doctrines but he said all of it just made sense. He was amazed at how much we knew for being so young and even more impressed he said because of our "passion" about what we believed in. Unfortunately, he's not in our area but he was definitely seeing the truths and they were definitely touching his heart. It amazes me how the Lord opens the doors for people and only as we are obedient in doing His work. That's awesome that Tyrie and Paige are doing well. I know I heard that Paige wasn't feeling good for a while or something was going on. It's crazy to think that someone I went to school with is already married and having children (speaking of his cousin who is married and whose baby is due in August). That is nuts! I could be married and having kids! But I know that I'm here for a purpose. One thing that the man in the hospital kept telling us is that we're going to make incredible husbands and Fathers because of what we believe and that we actually practice what we believe everyday. He told us not to waste ourselves on someone who wants us to be who they want because God's already making us into the men we need to be. I think even more, what I see in a future wife is changing rapidly. Something Elder Pearson also said was that we should marry someone who is totally, completely, and unshakably committed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ that they love it even more than they love you. Because a love for the Gospel will enrich and perfect a love for any and all other things. Crazy stuff. I really do love being out here on a mission. No other place can you see miracles every single day and study the scriptures like we do. It's interesting how sacred we missionaries hold our scripture study time in the morning. We were all talking last night and this morning about really the stuff contained in the scriptures and how much more we have yet to get out of them! The dutiful study of the words from the mouths of the Lord's annointed will yield more applicable, useful, and practical knowledge than the study of all the histories, sciences, and theories of man. It truly is a blessing. I encourage you all to study your scriptures and realize what a treasure they are to hold them in your hands and to be able to study them freely. I'm so excited to talk to everyone on Sunday and yes I'll be calling at that same time. I can't wait!
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment