Monday, April 26, 2010

E-mail received 4/26/2010

Maleah looks like she's really lost a lot of weight from the pictures! She looks good. Katelyn looks the same. Sorry. Man I really wish we could go to the temple whenever we could! We live like twenty minutes from the temple where we are. It would be so nice. Last preparation day, we were on our way home and we could take the exit back to our apartment or go cross the GW bridge and go into NY. Tempting! But we didn't. That's crazy that you've got that huge calling! (Darri got called to be the Ward Camp Director yesterday)  It'll be fun and I'm sure inspiring. Make it all you can. Yeah I got the package. My mind was blown when I saw the mangoes. Everyone in my district and apartment is hooked. I forgot how good they are. Needless to say they're gone. But they were well appreciated. I was looking at the label and there's no fat! I'm kind of a big calorie counter now. It's pretty bad but that's really part of how I've lost so much weight. I'm pretty sure I'm below two hundred now but we don't have a scale. I'm using some hand-me-down shirts and pants from Elder Shaffer. I'm a sixteen/ sixteen and a half neck now and I wear (I think) between a thirty-two and a thirty-four waist. I only say that because the hand-me-down pants I got are a thirty four and they're a pretty relaxed fit on me. It's crazy how much I've changed. Especially when I got the pictures. Everyone I showed couldn't believe it. It's definitely a different man in the mirror now. Actually I would love it if you sent me recipes and I don't know if that cook book you gave me for my birthday is lying around anywhere. I LOVE cook books. Every once and a while a member or an investigator will lend me one and I love reading them but I can't keep them so I don't make anything. But that would be awesome. If you know anything that's good to make that's low cost that would be great too. Also I would love a rice cooker. You could just tell me next week how much your giving me for it because we do our shopping at walmart after email. I don't cook much out here because I'm really on a hardcore diet right now so everything I eat doesn't need to be cooked but I still love rice con pezcado so it would be much appreciated. I've learned a lot of mexican and dominican dishes that I'll have to make for you guys when I get back that I think you guys would really like. I've decided I'm going to send the card with your mother's day card along with a copy of the talk. I still want to take some more pictures so I'm going to take a lot today. We have this great sushi place we go to every preparation day so I'll probably take some there. I decided to improve my handwriting because I'm a district leader now and so I have a lot of paper work that I have to do that other people have to read so I took my planner, which Sister Black wrote a lot of stuff in, and copied her style of handwriting as much as I could. It's not as neat but it's much better so you'll get to see it. Not much on this side I'm afraid other than I'm really learning a lot here. It's been a really great hot week but now we're getting showers. We haven't made much progress this week because everyone cancelled their appointments but sometimes you get weeks like those. We do have this one great old couple who we serve everyday and they are really cool. Well I hope you guys have a great week. And check up on what time that we're going to talk on the 9th so that we're all set because I can't wait to hear your voices! Love you all and remember to read your scriptures!
-Elder Guinto

No comments:

Post a Comment