That's pretty cool that things have moved into an easy flow now. Sounds like you guys are going to be pretty busy with all the stuff going on this summer. That is pretty crazy now that I think that I'm coming up on my 6 month mark and Jaron's already been out a year! That's even crazier to think that Maleah's going to be in high school! Make sure she goes to seminary EVERY DAY! It does the body good. That's crazy that michelle's already thinking about getting married. Marriage isn't even on the mind anymore. Missionary work simply keeps you too busy to think about anything else. Plus I think I've really been blessed to have been given such a good concrete plan for my future that I really don't have to worry very much about what's going to happen on after my mission. Elder Calderoni worries about it all the time. Most of my companions have expressed annoyance about how chill I am about life and yet am very serious and, sometimes even a little, work a little too hard at missionary work. It's truely a great work that we're engaged in and I love it. Thanks for sending the box! I look forward to receiving it. The cookies got here great and they were wonderful! They got eaten very fast. Those would definitely be a keeper in packages of the future. Maybe one idea, and this is just something I thought of at random today while we were shopping for groceries, there's a lot of things that you can't get here on the East Coast. Like Phillipene dried mangos and certain sauces like the jamaica me sweet hot and crazy or, if you could find it, jamaica mistake! that would be awesome stuff to get! I know it's kinda weird the stuff that moves me when I'm out on a mission but I've really changed a lot. Elder Crawford, one of my roommates who's also from Washington (Richland), were talking about how our priorities really change with responsibility. You really think about what you need versus what you want when you don't really have an income. Oh by the way on the walmart charges, they're correct, also you'll see a few more charges on there. One from walmart and one from GNC. Elder Calderoni and I are doing intense muscle training and he's a big fan of creatine so I'm trying it and I felt like it wasn't something I should use missionary funds for. I'm actually doing a lot of cooking at this apartment as opposed to the one in Sparta. The members don't really feed us but I like it because it's easier to diet when you have control over your meals. I'm planning on making the coconut shrimp soup this week (minus the shrimp because shrimp is expensive!!!) so I'm pretty excited on how that will turn out. Is the sauce just coconut milk or is it coconut milk mixed with a little water? Oh and just in response to the note on Dad's quotes. I realize that they're not really targetted on teaching any lesson and I also realize that my message to Dad last week may have been a little harsh but it's definitely a message I gave a lot of thought to. I hope he forgives my bluntness but it's really something I've thought about my whole mission so far. Anyways I'm very excited as well to hear your guys voice on mother's day! I hope everyone is home so that I can say hi to everyone. Something you might enjoy, Mom, is I've undergone super, maximum, high intensity, ninja-esk training and my handwriting is neat now! Well neater. It's actually very readable. I'll have to send you a sample. This week was pretty awesome. We set our first baptismal date here in Fairlawn this week with an Indian gentleman. We brought a sister from Union City to translate for us and her boyfriend. It was probably the most spiritual lesson that I've had my whole mission. He cried A LOT, and HARD. It was really great. It was interesting because he speaks little to no English and she translated a lot for us but the moments when he felt the Spirit the strongest, the words that were spoken were in English. It just goes to show that the Spirit really is the converter in our work and that it speaks in a language every soul can understand and appreciate. He's an amazing humble guy and we intend to succeed in his baptismal date of May 2. We're so excited. We also met a great new investigator from Ghana! She loves the Book of Mormon and knows that it's true and really REALLY wants to come to church but she's works as a 24/7 aid so she can't leave the house and can't come to church! We study with her out on the houses front porch when the owner of the house isn't around. It's kinda funny actually. The weather here is very weird. It changes very frequently and VERY fast. It can be bright and sunny one moment and then rainy the next for about a minute and then break into sunny skys the minute after that and then be super windy for five minutes and then calm and cloudy the next. It's very weird. But you learn to adjust. There's so many great humble people here and we love all the work that we do. I had to give a talk this Sunday and I'm sorry but I left it in the car. I was going to copy it in the email and send it to you but it looks like I'll have to do it next week. It was based off the talk by President Uchtdorf entitled "You Are My Hands" in the Sunday morning session of General Conference. Great talk. Mine was all on how it really addresses out eternal Identity and the eternal duty that goes along with it. Anyways I'll make sure and get it to you next week. Thanks so much for all your support and encouragement and definitely let me know if there's anything more that I can do for you guys while I'm out here serving the Lord. Hope everyone has a great week and remind the girls to study their scriptures!
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment