Tuesday, July 13, 2010

E-mail received 7/12/2010

Man sounds like busy busy busy. Sounds like Katelyn's friend is pretty cool but I still have to meet him!

Also I'm probably going to buy athletic shoes pretty soon because the ones I have have a lot of holes in them. I beat them up pretty bad because I exercise a lot. I'm going to try and wait till my year mark to get them though. If they have them anywhere could you keep your eyes peeled for a sale on adidas sambas milleniums. They're an indoor soccer shoe and Elder Coffin swears by them. I was thinking about indoor soccer shoes anyway because they're light and really durable and he said they lasted him like four years so if you could keep your eyes out for any good deals  that would be stellar. He said they retail at about 65$ but if you could find them for 20$ or 30$ that would be super cool.

The mailing address of our house is 23 Laurel Ave. Dumont, NJ. I guess the Mathuseks would just get it in the mail and then give it to us. That would be good for letters and stuff but packages would probably be better off sent to the office. I'm not always sure when we'll get mail because zone conferences are now going to be held on an even less frequent basis but zone leader council is held at the beginning of every month so that would probably be a safe area of opportunity.

Man that's so crazy that Elder Oaks is going to be speaking in Olympia! And I'm missing it! He is such a powerful speaker. I love how he always seems to talk about the order of God in his talks. You guys better take diligent notes!

News from here, it has cooled down, thankfully. Now it's only in the 90's instead of over 100. It continues to be super humid but all in all pretty nice.

This last week we had the mission merge. It was really cool to meet all the new missionaries and see how things were changing. Our zone was the only zone to stay completely the same as before, which was pretty cool because that means president likes us the way we are.

Unfortunately we weren't able to get as much work done this week as we wanted to because of the all day mission conference and then also we got stranded in Paterson when we went for interviews and decided to go to the Pepboys there because we had gotten an oil change order and they ended up finding something wrong with our tires and we were stuck there for five hours.

However we had an alright week. A lot of the people in our ward are leaving for summer vacations and students coming home for the summer. It's a crazy time for the families here as well.

In our interviews we found out that I'm more than likely going to stay with Elder Coffin for the next transfer as well so I'll be the one that sends him home. Also I got the go so that we can teach people in Spanish in our area now.

We're working with some really choice people here in Emerson and so many are just ready and prepared to receive the Gospel.

We love it here and we love you guys for being valiant in writing and sending your love and support. Everyone have a great week and remember to read your scriptures!

-Elder Guinto

No comments:

Post a Comment