Business first, as usual. If you could send me what my balance is next week that would be great. I don't like spending money when I don't know what I've got. I'll definitely send the stuff this week. We have to go and get our car looked at so I'll try and get it done during that time. I'm excited to get new shoes. Mine are pretty bad.
I did get the package and thank you so much! The cookies were super good, obviously they were pretty stale and crumbled but still the best cookies the East Coast's ever seen! I'm going to try and get the other card to you today. I should warn you though there isn't as many pictures. I haven't taken a lot in Jersey City because we have like no down time at all here. Being in a super urban populated area, on top of being a zone leader limits time pretty effectively. There's some funny videos from Emerson though and I'll probably take one today as well just to say hi. It was really great to see videos of everyone! I won't lie, it made me a little homesick but I got over it fast. Not much seems to have changed as far as people and personalities go.
There hasn't been an Elder Petersen in this mission for several years. It must have been in the former Cherryhill mission.
That was weird to hear that Sister Odell got married. Not weird that she's married but weird that it seemed just out of the blue. I definitely don't think that I could get married to someone I've known for little over a month, or even a year! That's super fast. But everyone goes at their own speed I guess. When you've found the right one what's the sense in waiting. I hope that they're happy.
Ah our musical family. I actually performed two musical numbers this week and got to help coach another missionary for his. Sister Bahr called me on Tuesday and asked if I would sing with another missionary for a zone conference. I knew that the missionary had been preparing a long time for this number and I also knew that he wasn't the most gifted singer and I told her that I wouldn't sing with him because I wouldn't want to step on his toes but that we were actually going on an exchange that day and that I could coach him. It was pretty fun teaching someone how to form their vowels and sing using the right parts of their throat in order to support better. It was definitely an experience and I now know I need to learn how to teach better to be a music teacher! He actually improved a lot and he sang it 110% better than when he started. I also sang with two other elders at that same conference "Our Savior's Love." We found out that we were doing it the night before and gerry rigged a nice musical arrangement the morning of! It sounded pretty good. Also the day before, Sister Black asked me to sing at one of her baptisms that took place yesterday. Lot's of singing. But it all ended really well.
We've had a lot of success this week. We're having three baptisms this Sunday! I'm so excited! We've been working with all of them really hard this transfer and now their all finally getting into the water and I'm performing the ordinance for two of them! It's going to be my first time getting in the water. I had originally wanted to make it so that I got to the end of my mission dry but now that they asked me to do it I'm so excited! Luckily the church has a pair of white pants that I can borrow, because my baptismal pants are now HUGE! It's going to be cool. The sisters are also having a baptism that day so it's going to be quite the event. We're all super stoked!
Man I wonder how Jaron is doing. He's winding down to his last six months! That'll be really weird once I'm a missionary and he isn't. Say hi to his parents for me! I miss the good ol' family.
Well I hope that you guys have a great week! I've really come to understand the power of the Atonement this week. Partaking of the Sacrament is such a blessing. To be cleansed from sin is such a privilege that came at the greatest cost and it's our duty and honor to take advantage of it. I hope that you all show the Lord your love and keep the commandments that you and all whom you share your testimony with might be saved.
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment