I'm not sure if it's something in the air or the commission that was given by President Monson to start acting and getting to the temple to make those sacred covenants. It's wonderful to see that there are so many hearkening to the words of our beloved prophet and they will surely reap the blessing thereby. We've recently received the General Conference edition of the ensign and it's been an incredible privilege to pour over it's pages and to apply the instruction and doctrine that's been bestowed on us. It's a great and amazing responsibility.
I'm not going to lie it was very hard to concentrate for the rest of the email after I read that Andrea's not doing so well. I hope they're able to figure out everything so that she can get better. She's got so much potential. I would be lying if I said I wasn't still interested in her. I realize that I haven't actually told you guys a lot about my major doubts about the church for a long time and my eventual conversion but she actually played a pretty big role as far as just being a huge example of what the Gospel should be like in someone's life. I really have a lot to thank her and also Jaron for because of the great things they helped me, maybe not intentionally, to do that led up to my conversion. So she'll always have a really special place in my heart. I've met a lot of girls on and off the mission but none so far that have matched her inside and out. I'm just worried about if I'm quite the man she'd ever consider or if she's changed at all. If anything I'm sure the standard has been raised and it helps me to have an increased desire to make myself more and more like the Savior. In the end it's what he wants for His children that matters and all will work out as it should. (; Don't ever let anything get in the way of your dreams Bro! Our fraternal bond is stronger than the cords of death so don't worry about it.
We had an amazing week this week! We weren't able to get as much work done in our area week but it was all for a reason. I was called to attend a leadership conference for two day as well and we were trained just on what the mission needed to get down and apply for us to be successful. The Spirit was felt and we all received revelation that guided us as to what we needed for our areas, districts and zones and we've seen miracles from it.
My testimony of following our appointed leaders continues to wax strong as it is tried and tested. The Lord calls His servants for His purposes and reasons and it's not for us to decided why such an ordination has taken place. It is for us to know only that it has and that it is done under divine sanction for the benefit of God's children. We must humble ourselves so that we don't get in the way of the Lord's hand in our lives and we must be still to know that He is indeed our God.
My companion is amazing! Elder Archibald this week had a revelatory experience in church and he's just been on fire ever since. He was sitting in church with our investigator and he's really been trying hard lately to clear his mind of the normally carnal things which have crowded it. As he's been putting in this astoundingly sincere effort he's been seeing the Lord help him to make his weaknesses into strengths. It all culminated in his partaking of the Sacrament. He said that as the bread and water touched his lips he just felt pure love flow freely over his body as he was bathed in the saving power of the Atonement through that sacred ordinance. He really felt the Holy Ghost cleansing and forgiving him for his sins. Since then he's felt the Spirit to a measure he's never experience and it's been edifying to both of us. I'm so thankful for such a wonderful companion and I hope that we can all strive to magnify Christ's sacrifice in our lives by partaking of the sacrament worthily.
My heart swells with joy for this work because there's going to be a baptism tomorrow! I'm so excited that another one of God's blessed children is going to be able to partake in His salvation and my hope that all can have this gift blossoms. I love this work and I love my Savior. My joy is really that it never ends.
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment