Monday, May 23, 2011

E-mail received 05/23/2011 - Transfers again - Newbie to Train

Can't think of anything else that would be noteworthy of sending. I'm pretty good over here. I'm excited to get that Ensign! I've been reading a few of the talks from the apartment copy that we have and it bugs me that I can't mark things up. I love Elder Oaks talk on desire and how righteous our desires must be in order to become the people that God needs us to be.
 
That's great that Katelyn's starting to get all the scholarships that she deserves. I have faith that she'll get the same scholarship that I did. We really didn't get much word until the summer I don't think but maybe we did. That was so long ago.
 
That's great to hear that Stephanie Stringfellow got married but sad I guess to hear that it's not well accepted by the family. I hope everything goes well with them. Stephanie always seemed like a good girl so I can't imagine her making a terrible choice in a husband. I hope that he's a member of the church and if he's not I hope she as well as all of us are doing our best to fellowship them and help them continue to see that Christ welcomes all to come and partake of his salvation. (2 Ne. 26:25,27)
 
We had an amazing week this week. Elder Archibald performed his first baptism! It was a great service and the Spirit was really felt strong there. It's just such a beautiful moment when a child of God makes sacred covenants with their Father and then the Father enters into a covenant to always be with them as they are worthy of Him.
 
We're looking forward to another baptism this Sunday and we're so excited at how much this man has come in His search for the truth. He's one of those amazing investigators who started with very little knowledge about the church and just thirsted after. Watching him really search and ponder and pray over the passages we would give him was truly a delight and a privelage to see how the Lord blesses and prepares His elect to hear and hearken unto His voice. It's an inspiration to see the value of the scriptures made alive in one's life.
 
Transfers are tomorrow and sadly Elder Archibald is being transferred. We've had a great transfer together and we've had a lot of fun but he's needed elsewhere and the Lord has great plans for him in another part of His vineyard. Elder Archibald was definitely a man of intense faith and zeal to do the works of righteousness. I have faith that the Lord will make of him a mighty servant.
 
For the new transfer I'll be training again! I'm so excited to train for a third time! It's such a great opportunity and privelage to have a missionary who's just fresh and not knowing what to expect from the missionary experience and he has the most faith of any missionary in the mission. I'm so excited to help this missionary to get aquainted with the work and especially to learn from his faith and testimony of the Savior and His divinity. It always brings back the zeal and excitement that all new missionaries have leaving the spiritual landmark of the missionary training center.
 
The work continues to progress in a monumental way. President Henry B. Eyring presided at a wonderful stake conference for the East Brunswick Stake yesterday and bore testimony of the powerful that has been accomplished here in the New England states and called for a renewed sense of purpose for the work being done today. Their words continue to inspire us to be better and as Elder Holland so beautifully put it, "...to comfort the afflicted and to afflict the comfortable." May we all with zeal approach the people in our individual areas and testify of the restored Gospel and of the church which we hold dear. Ours is the greatest testament to the truth.
 
-Elder Guinto

No comments:

Post a Comment