I got the package and thank you so much! I actually found that just wearing the shirts takes the smell out of them right away. Thanks for the shirts and the ties and especially the pictures. I was really happy to see all the pictures of the family but very sad of course that Kelly's no longer here with us.
That's funny that you saw Vicki. I was pretty taken aback when we knocked on a door and the person answers with "Hi, you're a Vella!" It was pretty crazy. I'm kinda disappointed that nothing was able to happen with her but I have a feeling I'll be there again.
Just a couple quick requests and suggestions. I was wondering if you could send me a copy of the General Conference Issue of the Ensign so that I can have one I can take notes in. Elder Calderoni and I share the one we got from the mission and he's letting me use the one in Portuguese but I'm still working on reading and writing in Portuguese. That would be awesome. Also I noticed that on my Patriarchal Blessing my birthdate is wrong. I don't know if you can go get that changed or something but that would be cool as well. Also, I got this idea from a missionary, I would really enjoy new garments. Mine are getting kinda "used" and they're way too big as well. We're going to the temple this month so I would have the opportunity to go and buy them here which would probably be easier. So you were up to it if you could put like the same amount that it cost the last time that we bought garments in my account that would be awesome. If you want to wait and do it later that's fine too. Whatever works.
I'm sure all this drama has taken it's toll on Maleah. She's very tender and sensitive to things going on around her. She thinks a lot. But if her mind is centered on Christ she will be able to fill her mind with the comfort and peace of the Gospel. I'm glad that everyone seems to be reading their scriptures! Great job! I'm on my fourth read through it since I came out on my mission. Which makes like seven or so. I'm in Helamen. Let's see if you guys can catch up before I start again. I like going through each time with a fresh copy. I'll finish one, give it away, and then order a new one. It's really great to see how you get new insights and revelation every time that you read it.
This week was pretty different. Elder Calderoni hurt his back and was out for two days. The first day we stayed at the apartment and he rested and I had a real in depth personal evaluation. I took the Attributes of Christ Test in a really deep, personal way and I got a lot out of it. There's still a lot of things that I need to improve on and I was able to set some real great goals to take action and become a better missionary.
The second day I went on an exchange into the Paterson East- Spanish Speaking area because Elder De La Cruz became sick as well. I went with Elder Crawford. Man that was an awesome exchange! I love the Spanish program! Thankfully I didn't have to eat at any members houses though because I probably would've died. I'm communicating alright now. I understand Spanish pretty darn tootin but speaking it I'm still a little shaky. We taught a lot though that day and it was really cool. We tracted into this young lady who really needed the Gospel in her life and while she was sweeping her front porch she was really praying for God to do something to help her get out of this rut she'd dug herself into. She looked up from her prayer and up we walked. She was awesome but she doesn't live in my area. I hope she is able to learn about the Gospel and be baptized.
It's been a crazy week but this week will be great. We have a lot of new and exciting goals for the zone and we'll see great miracles as we make them happen and put our trust in the Lord. Our missions are about to explode! I hope you guys have a great week and make sure you keep reading your scriptures!
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment