Alrighty, so we'll get through the administrative stuff first. I got the camera. It takes beautiful pictures. I've been taking more too so that'll make you happy. All those charges are legitimate. I've bought a couple things lately. The big 50$ one was when I bought a clock for my desk and a watch for a member in my district because they were being late to everything and it was starting to tick me off so I got it for him so he wouldn't have any excuse. Thanks a ton for putting the money in my account for the garments. I didn't realize it was getting that low. Why so much, and so specific? Thanks a ton, I'm just curious. I really couldn't do this without your guys continued and faithful support. I'll be more concious in the future. I don't anticipate me spending any more for a while. Other than the garments. I'll keep the ones I have as a back up, always pays to be prepared. I hadn't thought about trying to order it through the mission (a conference copy of the Ensign). I don't know if we can but it would make sense that we could. You shouldn't send me any other ensigns because we get those through the mission. I would just like a general conference issue that I can mark up for myself and that kind of stuff. A quick heads up. We're not having our preparation day next monday. We're having it this thursday because Elder Calderoni, Crawford, De La Cruz and I are going to New York this thursday for a temple trip and we trade that for a P-day. So if you want to get an e-mail off to me before then I would suggest doing it before then.
Wow sounds like Kelson's doing better than I thought. I apologize for snapping. I hope he does go through with actually getting a career. Hopefully it'll start helping him associate with more respectable company and keep him out of trouble.
That's awesome that Katelyn got into SOAR! It's the best! It'll give her a good experience of living away from home for a little while. It's kind of funny looking back on it now but the schedule that I followed there is actually much like the schedule that I follow here. I learned a lot there and really got ideas and a view of what I actually wanted to do with my life and what effect planning it out would have. Make sure she takes advantage of it! A note to Katelyn, don't get lazy towards the end of the year! Finish strong. The moment you give a little you open the floodgates to the tempest of idleness and you'll end up losing control. There isn't a lazy person in this world who didn't start on the road to where they are by first letting themselves slip just a little bit. Once you slip just a little it just encourages you to slip more and more. The devil is sly and cunning and gets us by subtle means. Keep it up! Also, if you're not planning to go to another school, and this is just my opinion(once again, mom is smarter than me), don't take the SAT. It's a waste of money if it's not something that's included in your academic goals. If there are scholarships that you're shooting for that require it go for it but otherwise don't waste money and time on it. Once again that's just my opinion. I got halfway through the test and realized that. Also on your question, there is a simple answer. The only person you should trust is God. If God trusts them so can you. That being said you should always give people a chance to change. When we don't give people room to improve, by definition, we are condemning them which is something the Savior told us never to do. That's His job.
Tell Maleah to smile! I've actually been pretty grumpy this week as well. I've decided I need to lighten up, believe it or not. I've gotten very serious about our work this week, which is good to a certain extent but it made me get frustrated much easier. There is a delicate balance between too much work and too much fun but the balance must be there. The Lord himself said that He who is compelled in all things and puts too much into the work is not a profitable servant. So I've given myself notes that I'll see throughout the week with little quirky animations I drew so that I could cheer myself and tell myself to let go. Like this morning for instance, our zone leaders forgot to set their alarms and so they didn't make it to sports where they had to pick up some baptismal records from me. I was infuriated! I hunted them down and got the records to them and man was I in a bad mood. But I saw one of my notes and it helped me to let go. We have to remember to forgive everyone, no matter the case. Forgiveness may seem so one sided but it truly helps us in our own endeavors as well. When we hold baggage it slows us down and limits severely what we are capable of. So lighten up! It really makes it easier and much more enjoyable and successful.
That's pretty scary about Bro. Falter! I hope he's alright. Yeah, once again. I feel like I've become a little wiser out here on my mission and while some missionaries engage in "unnecessary hazardous recreation" it just looks pretty stupid to me now. While previous to being here I probably would've jumped in head first at that chance. But we all learn our own lessons I guess.
Really funny experience I must share. We had an amazing fast and testimony meeting yesterday. One of the previous branch presidents had just gotten back to the branch from the hospital from being gone for almost three months! There were so many beautiful testimonies born. It was already over time and one of the members who always bears an "interesting" testimony gets up and we all ready ourselves for the usual odd, none spirit centered commentary. He starts out by talking about the branch president, I thought wow he's actually going to say something spiritual and uplifting, because he was following a great testimony by the branch president's daughter. Then he says that he's going to sing his grandmother a song. He invited his grandmother, the branch chorister, to join him at the pulpit. In my mind I was like don't you dare! He announced that he was going to sing her favorite song. Again in my mind I said a silent prayer, please let her favorite song be a hymn! He then commenced to sing, in his woefully awful voice, "the Climb" by Hannah Montana. All of the members mouths dropped to the floor. It was probably the most interesting experience I've had on my mission so far. My mouth was wide open, totally dumbstruck that this was actually happening over the pulpit on Sunday. It was crazy. But yeah.
We've had a really good week this week. We taught more than we ever have here and we had a lot of good opportunities to learn on companion enxchanges. I hope you guys have a great week. and know that I love you!
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment