WOA!! KYLEE IS GETTING MARRIED?! That's crazay! I never would've expected her to get married that soon. She's only 18! That's a super big surprise. So I guess this means that her and Cameron aren't together anymore. I worry about them getting married so soon. It seems like he's just gotten off of his mission and she's really just gotten out of high school. I don't know if things have really changed much since I've been gone but Kylee is very young and inexperienced with responsibility. It'll be really interesting to see how everything works out for them. Give them my congratulations!
I did send the clothes and should be sending the sd card this week. Everything's been pretty crazy around here. A billion and a half things have changed and gone on this week.
I hope everything goes well with your interview and you're able to get a job that you can manage.
So it's a new transfer and there are so many things that this new era will bring. It is really hard to believe that this Thursday I will have been a missionary for a year! It's really going to be an odd feeling to say that this time last year I was a missionary. I'm thankful that I've kept a journal so that I can even go in depth and reflect on the particular day last year and how much I've changed. Elder Yates and I were talking about it a few nights ago about how the mission really sets you up for the man that you need to become for the rest of your life. It really is true.
The fearbuster in Newark was amazing. I actually had the opportunity to take out Elder Hicks for his first time as a missionary talking to real people on the streets of downtown Newark. He seemed scared and a little nervous but he's a really hard worker and he's excited to serve. He's actually a friend of Miranda's from school and now he's being trained by Elder Yates and lives with us. He's an example to all of us.
So my new/old companion is actually Elder Calderoni! We're companions again! It was such an unexpected delight in transfer conference to find out that we were going to be serving again together. This time as zone leaders! We've already had great experiences together and we already know how to work together so we've already hit the ground running hard here in Jersey City.
We've experienced a great share of miracles here, just in the past couple days. We talk to people all on the street and each is prepared to receive us in a little and sometimes subtle way. Each contact we focus on moving them up wherever we can. Sometimes God put us in their path, not necessarily to convert them right then and there, but, to brighten their day and to feel the love that their Savior has for them.
We did get the wonderful opportunity to set a baptismal date this week with the friend of a recent convert. He's really seen the change in the family and wants to follow the example of Jesus Christ. It's really cool to see the Gospel alive!
I hope you all make a choice to represent the Savior where you are. Remember the convenants you made at baptism to take upon yourselves His name and to always remember Him. We are His hands to save, to uplift, to inspire and bless. If we don't do it who will. I know that we can be a force for impacting lives for good.
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment