Wow, sounds really weird. We've actually been having pretty fair weather here in Jersey City. Only a few days of bad rain. One really crazy thing that happened this week though is that we got in a car accident! A few drunk people coming from a party crashed into our parked car right after we'd gotten into it. It was pretty crazy. We had to do a lot of arranging but it all worked out alright. We have a lot of great senior missionaries working in the office who really take care of us really well.
I did get the package! Thanks so much. I think I'm going to make the cake today as well as mail off the card. You guessed right, I was out of stamps. I haven't bought shoes yet. Time on P-days has been really short because of choir practices for the Christmas firesides. I'm singing a solo for a song I've never heard before but it's a pretty song. It's called "Night of all Nights." Sister Bahr's crazy about it but not a single missionary in the mission has ever heard it before and what they gave us to sing off of at first was just a paper with the words. After suffering through it and finding that no one had ever heard it they decided to make it a solo instead. So I'll be singing this Sunday and then again on December 12, should be fun.
I did hear about Harry Potter coming out. It's just about all the Americans in our area talk about now a days. I hear it's pretty good. I hope that both of the seventh book movies are out when I come home so that I can just watch them both together. That'll make it nice and painless.
It's so weird to think that this will be my last Thanksgiving in the mission. Fortunately we're not going to have to worry about having 5 dinner appointments like last year because we can plan it. We know that we have somewhere for breakfast but no one's invited us for dinner yet. We'll see though. Say "hi" to everyone at Thanksgiving for me though!
That's crazy that Ben Swenson is coming home soon! It seems like his mission is on the same transfer cycle as ours. I can't remember but he's in Japan or some crazy place like that right? That'll be super weird when you guys start counting the days and your emails start ending with, "Well, see you in a month!" Elder Coffin started getting those and it made him super trunky.
Well we had a pretty exciting week! We didn't have much of an opportunity to work in our area because we had some extensive leadership training but despite the time out our area seemed to explode. The training, once again, really helped us focus on the Spirit, the truth, and the investigator. It really helped Elder Calderoni and I to realize the things that we needed to change with certain people so that they could really begin to, not just keep commitments or go to church but, have spiritually moving experiences which convert them and bring them closer to Christ. When we went to apply the training, big surprise, it worked! Everyone began to start realizing really why they've been listening to us and the impact that the message from Christ and the Book of Mormon will have in their lives. Solution after solution seemed to present itself as we addressed their needs and found their concerns. It's really been a good week for us.
We've really seen us be more excited in planning. The more we love them the more happy we are to strive with them because then it truly becomes a labor of love. One family in particular, we've been working with a while. We lost contact with them a while ago and Elder Calderoni was inspired to just drop by one Sunday morning. The mother happened to be there and we were able to find out that despite everything that's been going on, her and her family have made great leaps and bounds in changing their lives to bring them in closer harmony with the Savior and His teachings. We were so excited for them and along with other families who now have a renewed commitment to follow the Savior by repenting and being baptized.
I love the work! I love the miracles it brings and the joy we experience as we labor in this transcendent, latter-day undertaking.
-Elder Guinto
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment