That's good that you got the package. That's actually one interesting skill I've acquired on my mission is clever ways of folding clothes. My least favorite chore but now I can do it pretty well. I actually am pretty good about treating my collars, it's just with those shirts, which are HUGE, I got to a point where I just didn't put it the effort with them anymore with the idea that I was wearing other shirts anyway. So that's why they're pretty bad.
That's so cool that Mishmashsoggyrottenickynickypotatohead is married! So much is happening in so little time. I kind of wonder how Uncle Danny's testimony is doing. I mean, knowing what goes on in the temple and not being able to go and see your daughter get married has got to make you a little homesick. I really hope that the Lord finds a way to bring him back into the fold and wrap His loving arms around him.
I'm glad Maleah is not planning on getting married till after college...or dating until she's out of college...yepp. (Maleah caught the bouquet at my niece's reception and she wanted to make sure Kyle knew she wasn't planning on getting married until after she graduated from college. She didn't say anything about dating though since she is already counting the days until she's sixteen. Wishful thinking on Kyle's part!) That's amazing that she got her patriarchal blessing! I remember mine so clearly. I also remember what kinds of things were going through my mind too. Oddly enough, to think about it now, it really bore little to no significance for me when I received it. It's amazing that a little old man, who didn't know me or who I would become, can say just the right words in the private spaces of his home that bear such powerful and meaningful significance to me over five years later. I've heard several times that the words of the patriarchal blessing will long hold sway, even into the eternities and it's application found as we faithfully live the Gospel. It's really amazing that God remains, as He will forever, a God of miracles.
That's awesome about Jaron! I knew he'd serve as an assistant. That's my bro! It's crazy that time's flown by so quickly. Everything goes by so fast when you're out here in the mission field. Could you get his address? Or the best place to send him letters for me so that I can write him? It's been a long time since I've been able to talk to my best friend. It'll be interesting to see how we've changed and what we've kept.
Thank Grandma for me! She's always been so good to me in being supportive and loving. Also apologize to her for me that I haven't gotten back to writing her yet. I ran out of stamps and really just hadn't had time to buy more or to even write letters lately. It's been crazy. If you could tell me how much is in my account after you deposit stuff that would be great. Also I bought some sweatpants and a sweatshirt at walmart today. Winter is upon us, it's getting cold, and the mission has mandated that we must be outside for morning exercise. BURRR!!
We had a great week this week! We had meetings coming out our ears so we didn't get much time to work in our area but we've really been able to lay the foundation for the great work to go on in this mission!
We had our zone leader council, which this time involved the district leaders as well. The mission is moving forth with a huge push for the month. We're calling it Thanks. Giving Month TM. (It actually is trademarked strangely enough) It's going to involve every missionary rigorously sanctifying themselves to the work and we're expecting to see a lot of success from it. I've also taken the opportunity to set a lot of really intense personal goals which will help me in my spiritual progression. It originally started out as the next phase in my diet and exercise plan but I decided to give it a spiritual twist which then turned into a big move on reforming everything that I do. I'm excited to change what the Lord wants me to change so that I can be the missionary and man that He needs me to be.
We also had the great opportunity of participating in what the Caldwell Stake calls the Ammon Academy. Some of the missionaries in the stake are asked to participate in a three day activity which involves the youth being assigned to a real full-time missionary and they get to take part in many real parts of missionary service. Including: teaching, planning, street contacting and personal and companionship study. It was a really cool experience.
On one of the times where I had my youth we also went with a member of the ward. We were able to really be led by the Spirit to the home of a less-active member. We had been blessed to go there because we felt impressed to be in a certain place where we bumped into a member and, upon asking here if she knew anyone who needed to see us right away, told us that she knew this lady. We went there and we were able to really talk with her and bear testimony of what we knew. She committed right there to coming to church and going once again in the path that she knew was true. It was kind of different though because the youth I went with spoke very little Spanish and she was a pure Spanish member so he really only had the opportunity to bear a small testimony but it was powerful.
I really have a testimony of how the Lord prepares his children and I hope you all take an opportunity to see his hand in yours and others lives, remembering the words of Pres. Uchtdorf: "We are His Hands."
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment