Monday, April 18, 2011

E-mail received 04/18/2011 - Trenton, New Jersey

Katelyn might remember that I'm usually a brunette person but that is a very odd dream. I don't know how long I'll probably avoid the television entirely when I get home but it might be a while. Television is so dirty. That's so weird that Katelyn's going to prom. I feel like my prom was forever ago though so I guess it's getting around that time. Who would this special someone happen to be?!
 
I have actually thought about all the opportunities I missed by never going to mutual. I really wish now that I'd been able to get my eagle and duty to God award. The programs for the church, especially the newly redesigned duty to God award, are incredible at establishing great foundations for the young men of the rising generation and I think it really would've helped me so much to have stayed active in those programs. I earnestly hope to instill in my children the serious importance of those wonderful church activities.
 
That's really good that Mike seems to be moving. He's got a good head on his shoulders and really has a lot of great potential. Hopefully him and Mckay can be good influences on each other and grow where they're planted.
 
The food science thing sounds interesting. I'm excited to get the package. I'm really just worrying about it because I don't want to waste any time. I'm probably worrying about it more than I should but I guess I'll just wait.
 
I love my new area and my new companion! I've been transferred to Trenton, New Jersey; the only biking area in the mission! I'm sooooo happy to be a biking missionary! I'm sore, filthy, and exhausted every single day and I couldn't be happier. I think I've always had it in me that I wanted to be the typical biking missionary and now my dream has come true!
 
My new companion thinks I'm crazy for liking biking so much. His name is Elder Archibald, from Idaho Falls, Idaho. Him and I have the exact same birthday and we have so much in common. He's basically a big goofball like me and we have tons of fun but we also do work here and there's going to be some amazing miracles for the rest of this transfer.
 
We're in the Princeton 2nd ward which is an amazingly large ward. I've never served in a ward this size which has fully operating auxilaries and priesthood quorums. Our bishop is super amazing and everyone is amazing at doing member missionary work! I'm so excited to work here!
 
It's going to take a lot to get used to everything but thankfully, since we're in a biking area, I'm definitely not going to need a gps so don't worry about it. I like the map better anyway because it forces us to work on getting to know the area better.
 
I love it here and I hope you guys try and see the wonderful things about the world around you!
 
-Elder Guinto

No comments:

Post a Comment