Monday, April 25, 2011

E-mail received 04/25/2011

Katelyn and Caleb seem to be going on a lot of dates...what is this nonsense! Katelyn can't grow up and go on dating guys like that! It'll still be weird when I go home but I guess change is for the better. We'll see how I feel about it.
 
We actually had a great Easter dinner as well. We ate with a half Filipino family so I was happy to be able to eat rice! The members of the Princeton 2nd ward are really good to us and really supportive towards missionary work.
 
I am actually very close to Princeton University, in fact I'm actually in the Princeton University Library emailing you right now so it would be safe to say I'm within a moderate distance. We don't go to the University very often though because of the temptuous demograph here...
 
We had a really fun and interesting week this week. My bike blew up on Saturday. We started out for the day and the right tire totally just gave way as we were biking down the street so we walked that day. Fortunately the zone leaders were able to get us a bike to use until we get it fixed, a much nicer bike I might add. Bikings definitely a big adventure. My thighs are huge! It's definitely a different way of doing missionary work but it means that you really have to take a lot of things in to account when you plan.
 
We experienced a lot of finding miracles this week. We had a zone conference and they really focused on faith and about seeking for the Lord's will. Elder Archibald and I went out that day and found a ton more people to teach and set a new baptismal date with one of the people that we'd just found! It's incredible what a little faith in the Savior can do and really it's great to have a mission president who's so amazing at instilling it within us.
 
We found out the name of the new mission president who'll be coming in July. His name is President John Jepson. He's from the Salt Lake City area. It'll be very interesting because with a new mission president comes a new feel and new director. It'll be interesting to see what changes and what stays the same. Change can be exciting though.
 
Elder Archibald is a brand new missionary. This is his second transfer in the mission so he's still got a lot to learn but he definitely has his heart into the work and he's an incredibly bright person. I'm confident that he'll do many miracles out here on his mission.
 
Sorry there isn't much excitement to report on but I pray that the Lord will bless each of us to find joy this week through our prayers and our study of the scriptures.
 
-Elder Guinto

No comments:

Post a Comment