Monday, June 6, 2011

E-mail receved 06/06/2011 - The 100th Post!!

Don't worry I'm not (eating too much fast food). My former companion and other zone members were huge fans of eating out as a zone, even when I don't have any more msf. Fortunately we're not doing it too much anymore so you won't see any more of them. Although I am planning on buying a new back pack today. The one I bought last April is wearing out in the bottom and I want a lighter one for the super hot summer on the bike.
 
I find it interesting that you really don't like teaching and speaking in front of groups and I really like giving talks and teaching and things like that. I guess we're all given different gifts that God gives us to help His children in different ways.
 
Still crazy that Katelyn's graduating and crazier that Jason Hensley bought a house with his WIFE! It'll be so weird seeing all the changes that have happened. Life comes at you fast sometimes and I bet it comes twice as fast when you've been out of it for a while. I'm not going to lie, I really enjoy being a missionary. It's pretty care-free and you enjoy the Spirit 24/7. It's really a blessing to have this time to draw nigh unto the Lord and participate in this great work. The most happy and fulfilling times have definitely been out here serving the Lord.
 
This last week we were able to do a lot of finding and inviting and we've seen incredible success. We're definitely working, finding, teaching and baptizing! There will be another baptism this Sunday with an incredible investigator that we've been working with for some time now. He was found by a few missionaries a few months ago, through a member. Since he's met with the missionaries he's gone through some intense cancer treatment and it's really gotten him down. From the time we first met him to now there's been a total change in his countenance. When we first saw him he was very very quiet and reserved and really just worked everyday, came home and kept to himself. Now that the Spirit has really worked on him and he's changed completely. He's super friendly and outgoing, he testifies to his friends and family about the Book of Mormon and the prophets, he wakes up early in the morning and instead of going and having a morning coffee and cigarette he warms up with a hot chocolate and the Book of Mormon. He enjoys and is edified by the Spirit DAILY and he tells us about it! He's truly been converted by the Spirit.
 
He's going to be a great member and missionary to his fairly large family. He's already setting a great example of nobility and obedience to them.
 
I love this work! I love it's redeeming and life-changing power! It's incredible what the Lord can do when we give Him our all and in return we receive His all. I know as we devote our time and attention and even just give room for Him in our lives we lay up for ourselves a great treasure which cannot be taken from us, now and in the eternities.
 
-Elder Guinto

No comments:

Post a Comment