I did send the copy of the license on Tuesday so you should've gotten it already. I'll make another copy and send it today though, just in case. There is a copier right here in the library and it's what I used to make the last one. I have no idea what an SS# is, much less remember it. Hopefully that's not super important... oh well.
I don't remember hearing that Brandon had joined the army. So is this Reina a member? You should send me the announcement just so I can see. I'll make sure I don't lose it because I know you like to keep things like that.
I did see Maleah with braces in the video so I guess I won't be totally devastated if I don't get to see them. It's nice to know that we've all had the wonderful experience of orthodaunture. It's been a fun one. I got a new toothbrush this week and I love it to death!
I can't believe that all these people are leaving on missions! There's going to be no one home when I get there and I'm going to be super depressed if I'm not working! It's so great to see so many willing to serve the Lord. I really wish that more people would choose to serve. I often think that there's just so few of us for the so many people in this world. To think it's an amazing accomplishment to have over 50,000 missionaries worldwide serving from the church in comparison to the over 6,000,000,000 people who need the Gospel. It's amazing that anything ever gets done and at the alarming rate that it does. How we need more and more missionaries for this great world.
To the best of my knowledge my release date didn't change with the new mission president. We're having a shortened transfer with this next one so I should still be coming home on November 9th. So you can tell the bishop that so he can plan what he needs to and anyone else who wants to be there. It's still very weird that it's even within sight. I know it'll be a hard adjustment for me if I don't hit the ground running. I'm not a huge fan of down time anymore. I don't like feeling unproductive.
We definitely had a great week. We were able to meet the new mission president and get to know him a little bit. His name is President John M. Jeppson and his wife Bonnie Jean Bult Jeppson. They're both from Salt Lake City Utah and have 6 children. They both come from direct prophetic lineage, Pres. Jeppson's great, great, great, great grandfather was President John Taylor and Sis. Jeppson's great, great, great grandfather was President Wilford Woodruff! They probably have totally legendary kids! The Jeppson's oldest daughter is actually married to the famous singer Alex Boye, who's the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's premier soloist right now. We're expecting a concert some time during Pres. Jeppson's time here. Hopefully it's before I leave! Pres. Jeppson's very musical and has sung in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir for many years as well. He's had an incredible conversion over many years and has had many ,MANY trials over his lifetime, including the violent deaths of his father and brother and the amputation of his left leg at about mid thigh. We're all really excited to work with him.
We had a miracle investigator in church this week. We'd been praying and fasting for weeks that she would be able to get work off and she was finally able to get work off so that she could come and enjoy the Spirit there. She's excited to be able to be baptized next week on July 19!
Elder Smith and I have been working well together and learning a lot of life lessons from each other. I really see how getting along with your companion will be a great watermark for your ability to get along with anyone and especially an eternal companion. Patience and guidance from the Spirit are very important and we're really growing as a companionship.
We're excited for another fun and exciting transfer and we love the Lord and His work!
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment