We've been seeing signs all over the place for the new Harry Potter movie and probably for the first time on the mission I've felt like I'm missing out on something. It'll be cool though to just watch them both back to back. I was telling Elder Smith that the girls and I are going to do an all day marathon! It'll be fabulous!
It's honestly so exciting to hear that Jacob's going out on a mission and that he seems to have come a long way from where he was at two years ago. It sounds like he's grown into a great young man and he'll do wonders in the mission field as he continues to follow the Spirit. He's got a lot of potential and going on a mission just multiplies his ability tenfold. Tell him I wish him the best and Godspeed!
Our week this week was amazing! We just had miracle after miracle as we had a great time walking and teaching in Trenton. Our bikes were out of commission all week and so we walked everywhere! We walked probably about 8-10 miles each day. When you're walking though you have an opportunity to just stop and talk to everyone that you see and it's just amazing. You have your line in the water all day!
We had a great miracle when an investigator, who's for the most part been pretty contentious about the Book of Mormon, had a huge change of heart this week. We were teaching him and we felt impressed to just start testifying of the Book of Mormon and how he can gain a testimony of it. It kind of hit him that he really hadn't done everything that he could do to test the Book of Mormon, especially he got the impression that he hadn't quite pondered on it enough and really just assumed that it went against what the Lord has said in the Bible. He made it his personal mission to find an answer and he committed to preparing to be baptized on August 28th!
Another miracle was when we taught the message of the Restoration to a lady from Liberia and she felt the Spirit so strong when we taught about Joseph Smith and she felt right then and there that this was God's church and she needed to be a part of it! On everything else this family that we've been working with for weeks finally came to church and loved it!
The Lord is really showering his blessings on Elder Smith and I and we're just trying our best to give the glory to God for all that he's doing. We're growing from it the more that we work with the Spirit and testify of it's converting power and others are benefitting from it as well.
I love being a missionary. Never have I seen so much happen because of the Spirit and see so much change in the lives of other people. It's a priceless opportunity to see face to face, foot to pavement, and hand to hand the tender mercies, awesome power and the hand of God among His children. I hope those who are considering going on missions or who are already preparing to serve look forward to the experience with excitement and just go for it head first. The sooner we let Christ be our shepherd, the sooner He will lead us to green pastures.
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment