The charges are legitimate. I've been getting lax with it being the end of the transfer but I've got a handle on it now. I just sent two packages to you full of stuff so you should be getting it in a few days. It definitely felt weird packing up things and sending them off.
Excited to hear about the manageable schedule. I loved my schedule of working 4 tens a week because it gave me a ton of days off and I just got it done. Looks like you get off at a pretty reasonable time as well. I hope you're making sure that you're enjoying work. Work's only temporal until you MAKE it spiritual. There's loads of missionaries who come out here with the attitude of this just being another job when really any job and any experience that we have in life can be taken and handled in the spirit of joy and thanksgiving. Find meaningful things to do that you can see how you are helping people. Find little activities to make work fun! I know your creative mind can factor these simple yet life-enhancing past-times which will make labor much more fun! The purpose of work and life is joy! (2 Ne. 2:25)
I love the name of Paige and Tyree's little girl. I assume that the middle name is reminiscent
of Aunt Kelly. I can't wait to greet the beautiful infant!
of Aunt Kelly. I can't wait to greet the beautiful infant!
I'm definitely glad also that I didn't have to wait! I'm also pretty excited for Elder Anderton. Finnish was one of the languages that I was hoping to be blessed to learn while on my mission. I'm definitely grateful and love where I serve but I'd just love to go on a mission everywhere I think! Hopefully Chris gets his call soon!!
What an awesome talk subject! I was just waiting for a talk on the temple, or on marriage or dating or something like that! (; I am actually excited to give a talk on that. It would be really great if we could attend a session that day that I get home so that we would take full advantage of the trip up to Seattle!
This week was definitely a great one. I've tried to really grow and progress spiritually this week and it's definitely been a miracle with our companionship. Elder McMillian and I have really started trusting each other much more and it has brought so much power and the Spirit in to our teaching. I think I often times have a hard time trusting people and it definitely takes a lot of faith for me to put my trust in someone else when lives and salvation are on the line. I was reminded of the scripture in Proverbs 3:5-6, which states: "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." I had to have faith that God had called and qualified my companion and I needed to give him room to grow. To make it short: I did and he did! We've experienced a great unity in our companionship and the Spirit flows directly through us without restraint. We can see how it effects our investigators and three new people committed to baptism this week!
We taught a man who couldn't speak because of an injury he sustained from a knife fight! He couldn't communicate much to us but he told us that he felt the Spirit and knows the Book of Mormon is true! I definitely know that it's the Spirit that shapes the missionary and does the work and I know that I've still a long ways to go till I'm done serving here in New Jersey! I love this work and what it does to me! There's no greater service than this!
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment