Monday, October 3, 2011

E-mail received 10/03/2011

I didn't get much news from Katelyn other than she definitely got a major boost from conference. I think she paid  lot more attention to it being away from home. I think watching it with friends can be a big help as well. (Sorry if the "A" on this keyboard isn't working very well.") She said she's still working on the time management but the great talk from Elder Ardern was perfect for that I thought.
 
Haven't gotten the package yet but we get mail this Friday so it should be included with that shipment. As far as classes go it would be nice just to get as many of my general education out as possible. I think I would like to start out with the Book of Mormon class first and then move on to marriage and family later. I think Dad would probably prefer that one! I feel confident that I could take on a lot more than the average freshman just because of the rigorous study habits I've developed on my mission but I'll leave it up to you to decide what would probably be the wise choice of how much to take on my first semester. I hope that there's a few math classes open. I don't know how ready I'd be up for calculus right off the bat but a trig class might be fun. Sorry I'm not of much help. I really have no idea what I want to be. There's a lot of things I would like to do but people keep telling me they're not very probable careers. Truth be told I really don't think about it either. But we'll see.
 
It's sad to hear about Bradley making some pretty poor choices but I can't help but feel this could be a great opportunity to show him more support than he's ever gotten. I'm glad that he chose to own up to his mistake and at least marry the girl. Hopefully they'll both be able to grow. The best thing I think we could do for him would be to pray for him and have an added increase of love and support to invite him and his new wife to walk in the right path as a companionship. The deeds been done and there's little productivity to be done in striving to undo it so if we embrace them and seek to help them act to refine themselves I really could see them progressing. All of their happiness, of course, will be based on their own choices.
 
Conference was amazing!! We spent the whole week preparing ourselves and others to hear the wonderful messages of our beloved prophet and the apostles. Dad would've been the only one to hear this talk but W. Christopher Waddell gave a talk that was definitely given just to me. It talked about being all that you can be and retaining the blessings enjoyed on a mission. It helped me to see what I needed to be doing and focusing on at this critical junction of my life and especially to appreciate what blessings God has given me with serving a mission. The Spirit spoke directly to my heart. My testimony that God truly does speak to living prophets today was strengthened as I saw a humble general authority, with no knowledge of me or my heart's desire or situation, speak as he was moved upon by the Holy Ghost and revealed to me the mind of the Lord, the will of the Lord, the voice of the Lord and the power of God unto my own salvation.
 
Others in our area definitely received answers this week too and we're so excited to yield the fruits of the seeds sewn by the hand of the Lord through the words of our wonderful prophet. My companion and I were wonderfully blessed this week to meet many of our goals. We realized that the Lord can only really work with honesty. We have to set goals with Him which are in harmony with His call to us to find, teach and baptize but they must also be in line with our hopes, desires, and what effort we are able to muster. An unreasonable goal will not be achieved by a companionship without the commitment to achieve it. As we set daily goals we always considered three things. Is this goal really what we WILL get at the end of the day? Are we really committed to this goal? Is this really what the Lord wants us to accomplish? As we set goals in line with His will we achieved them! It was as simple as that.
 
I definitely know that when we seek the Lord first all falls as it should. If a man has it in his heart to follow God in all things there will be no frustration, anxiety or dilemma because he can be sure that God will guide him and support him in all things.
 
I hope we all hearken to His voice and act on the revelation that we've all received this past weekend. It is our guiding star for the next six months!
 
-Elder Guinto

No comments:

Post a Comment