Wow, i'm definitely excited to be able to see everyone! You know I like things informal. I don't think we have to have a big meet and greet thing but I would definitely want to go to the chili cook off! I don't have much experience making chili so you may have to give me some pointers! Sister Dicou made me the brownies today and they were like yummy! They were an interesting color though.
That would be cool if Ate Mercie and Louie came. I haven't seen them in forever! I should probably know this but are they members of the church? Just curious. Don't really have many dinner requests. You already know everything I like. The only thing I do really want is to sleep in my old bed when I get back. I've really been missing a bed that's the right size and I really want to sleep in the queen sleigh bed. Unless you guys don't have it anymore. In that case, no big deal.
I'm more than willing to sing with the Samoan sister. My voice definitely isn't what it used to be so I'll be excited to start working on developing my voice again.
So I definitely have to include this in the email. There's a guy sitting next to me while I'm emailing right now and he just came out and challenged the church. He seems like a really dark kind of person and definitely talked like he felt like he knew what he was talking about and seemed pretty "wise in the ways of the world." It's so apparent though, from the exchange that we had, that the truth in one is so absent. He's listening to his loud rock music and you can tell that there is a disturbing spirit that makes his soul restless and uncomfortable. Truly his wisdom has become foolishness as he hearkens not to the counsels of God. I felt the Spirit burning strongly within my breast as I bore my testimony to him in a simple, quite library of the truthfulness and infalibility of the church. He shrugged his shoulders and told me that my help is coming from false prophets and truly he doesn't understand what he's saying. I pray that he can one day learn and be open to the glorious truths that are available to him.
We're experiencing miracles with helping people to set dates for baptism and prepare themselves to find the wonderful joys that obedience to the Gospel can bring. It seems that opposition seems to be peaking but we're seeing many others push through it and progress!
One boy is really growing and you can see his interest and passion increase. He's really going to be a great young man and after he has the Holy Ghost guiding him he'll work many mighty miracles!
Can't wait to see everyone and I hope that we all remain consistent in our scripture study!
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment