Monday, October 17, 2011

E-mail received 10/17/2011-24 days!

They haven't given me the itinerary yet but we're not getting mail for another two weeks so that's probably why. This is one of the disadvantages from living at the south western corner of the mission. I'm really excited to see everyone and really happy that I'll be able to see Candace and her new baby son! From the way things sound it sounds like she's been doing really well and that brings peace to my heart.
 
Good to hear that you're finally going to be settling in to a nicer schedule. You've always got so much to do and never enough hours in the day to do them. Remember to take some time for relaxing every once and a while. Even missionaries get preparation days! Hopefully you and Maleah can go on a nice outing or something together and you can both destress a little bit from the weekly cares.
 
How's dad? I haven't heard from him in a while and I always worry about him.
 
Bah! What's with all this guy stuff?! Where'd the little freshman sister in high school that I had go? You know, the one that didn't get involved in this kind of stuff?! Oh wait, I do have one! What happens when she starts dating? AHH!! I'm sure you're definitely feeling as I do: They just grow up so FAST!! I know Katelyn will make right choices though. I just worry about peer pressure, and boy pressure, and school pressure, and self pressure and having it all pile up. I worry she's getting involved in too much stuff. But she'll learn from it and it seems to be giving a great learning experience for her. I can definitely see just from the emails that I've gotten from her in the past few weeks that she's growing and becoming more mature. She'll do alright.
 
Thanks for the recipe. I actually asked for it because one of the sister missionaries in the district wants to bake me my favorite baked good for my last district meeting and when I said tiramesu she asked for something more affordable.
 
$100 will probably be perfect. I had to use some funds to buy groceries this week because I'm waiting on a big reimbursement which should come in a few days so you'll see a charge from Shoprite for $21.32. I'm also trying to get a rugby ball but I can't find one so we'll probably have to do with the football that we have.
 
We had a very interesting week this week. Everything seemed to go wrong and then every time it went wrong everything seemed to go just right!! Lots of our investigators in the past week decided that they better talk to their former pastor about their meeting with us and subsequently were convinced to sever all contact with us without talking with us about it. Others it just didn't see to work out that we could visit them.
 
These opened up greater opportunities though and we found 7 new investigators with amazing potential!! Each one has been prepared in their own way and are actively seeking for the gospel. One came from all of our appointments cancelling in a day and we met her just standing outside her house watering flowers. We offered to help and she asked who we were. When we told her she told us about how she had left the Catholic church and really hadn't found what she was looking for yet and she immediately told us she wanted to set up a time when we could come and visit her! We've had a lot of big miracles just like this one that have led to tremendous experiences with finding.
 
I'm loving the Lord and all the things that He's doing in our lives and in others and I'm growing each day from these experiences. He continues to shape me and support me to fit the burdens placed upon us, which at once become lighter and lighter as we trust in Him!
 
I hope we all are seeking to put more of our trust in God and then acting with all diligence to see the hand of God pushing us forward!
 
-Elder Guinto

No comments:

Post a Comment