I'll respond to both emails so that I don't forget anything. If I leave out any capital letters by accident it's because the shift key on this keyboard doesn't work very well. Neither does the "a" key. First off, awesome drawing Maleah! It looks really good. I can tell you're getting a lot better. I did want to ask if Maleah ended up going to girls camp but it sounds like she did and it sounds like it was a blast! That's awesome that Maleah got to bear her testimony in a lesson with the missionaries. We always try and have a member be there when we teach because really members bear the best testimonies. While ours are always strong, we still will always come off as "The business face of the church." That's really great. I encourage you to continue to develop and use that powerful testimony that you have to benefit, bless and strengthen the testimonies and lives of others. I hope to read in the other email how that baptism went!
-Elder Guinto
P.S. Thanks for the extra money. I'll definitely use it. I've budgeted out the money that I do have pretty well so that I should be able to get by for the rest of the month though so I'll probably use it to buy pants and shoes once I get to November. Thanks for your support!
Woa that's crazy that Jason Hensley's already coming home! That feels like it was just yesterday. It's already hard to believe that I'm coming up on my year mark. I feel like I'm still fresh in the mission field. Alright so I'm going to assume you put in 125 and not 100 like you said in your last email but like I said in the earlier emails I'm probably not going to use it for food. One thing that my time in Paterson taught me was how to be thrifty and wise with the missionary support fund that we get. Also the reason that the msf became a problem wasn't exactly the missions fault. (Just to dispel any bad feelings.) Someone got a hold of Elder Coffin's card information and then tried to put a huge charge on it so the bank locked his card. The mission gave me extra money to help us to get by while Elder Coffin got a new card. When he got his card back, because the bank had locked the card on the first charge, Elder Coffin still had the money that he would've had. So instead of going through a big hassle of transferring money I asked the elder in charge of finance to take the money I had received and just deduct it from the following month. I thought Elder Coffin and I would remain together so it wouldn't have affected anything but then he got transferred. So that's what happened. All is well!
Thanks for sending the stuff. I'll send you the new sd card, which has a ton of pictures on it, as soon as I get them. I'm looking forward to having slippas again and to the letter from Brittany, but then again her writing me back soon probably means that I'll get it in a few months or so. Sounds like around my birthday would be a good guess. Hopefully not but I'll plan for the worst and hope for the best.
Sounds like you're having a fun time dentally. That's not going to be a pleasant thing to go through but I hope that it all goes smoothly. I can't say getting my wisdom teeth pulled was a particularly fun experience but I definitely wouldn't say it's horrible.
Sounds like Olympia's just been spiritually rocked! Baptisms and a visit from an apostle?! What luck! Or divine providence! I wish I could've been able to meet him and hear the words and counsel of an apostle of the Lord! But I am satisfied with my lot. (Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles spoke at our stake conference this past weekend.)
We had a pretty good week this week. We had great experiences as we worked with the members this week. We received a lot of referrals and this week will be spent contacting them all. We also had this guy that Elder Coffin and I contacted on the street a couple weeks ago just show up to church with his daughter! It's been a week of miracles. This one investigator, who I haven't been able to teach for the time that I've been here because she's so hard to get in contact with, finally met with us and we had an amazing spiritual lesson. We almost got her to commit to baptism but there's a few things that she's got to get in order before she feels like she can make that commitment. It's not an if but a when for her at this point. We also set a baptismal date with another one of our investigators who we've been working with a lot so that was a great thing to do as well. We hit the streets hard this week and we found a lot of potential but unfortunately none of them began investigating right away. We're following up with a lot of them this week and we have faith that the Spirit will prick their hearts. There was this one guy who thought that Christ might actually be the devil but he was so intrigued that there was another testament of Jesus Christ that he took the Book of Mormon with almost a hunger. It was a really cool experience.
We're excited for what this week will bring. We're going with kind of the same plan with the exception of we have a lot more potential for the week as far as new investigators.
I hope that you guys have a great a week as we're going to have and have a chance to relax after a long hard summer!
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment