Friday, August 6, 2010

E-mail received 8/2/2010

Sorry this one has taken so long to post.  I spent the week up at girls camp, so I wasn't able to get Kyle's letter until today.  Enjoy!

WOAH!!!! That is so crazy! My jaw seriously dropped to the floor! So much is going on! Michelle almost died and is engaged and Shon's engaged too!? And they're both super soon! That is crazy! I'm totally at a loss for words. I guess I'm happy for them both. So much has happened since I left.
 
That's really good that Kelson and Michael seem to be moving to greener pastures. Hopefully Chris and Stephanie will be a good influence on Kelson and get him to rearrange his life a little bit. Sounds like God is doing some massive humbling on all fronts.
 
Thanks for getting me Brittany's address. I've decided that I'm only using email to communicate with family and so I wanted that. She emailed me today so I just sent her a short email telling her the new policy. I'm trying to really focus in on doing great work here.
 
Life in Emerson was actually pretty laid back this week. A lot of our investigators and many member families all went on vacation this week and so we didn't have much work to do. Plus, due to all the trips that we had to make in July, we were completely out of miles and so we were left walking in a gigantic area. Travel time took a little longer but we got some great exercise.
 
Transfers are tomorrow and Elder Coffin is going somewhere else. I'm really going to miss him because I've had such a good time and learned so much from him. He goes home in six weeks and it's driving him crazy! It's funny because he'll all of a sudden be reminded of it and it's really just something he can't fathom. When you've been out for a while, being a missionary is all that you really know how to do. Going back will really be like beginning a completely different and new life. On top of that, his parents have moved since he left and so he's going home to an entirely different state where he won't know anyone. Crazy!
 
On the upside, I'm going to be a trainer this transfer! I'm going to be getting a missionary straight from the MTC and this will be his first area and I his first companion! It feels so weird because I feel like I was just there yesterday and now I'm going to be doing it! Also, it'll be the first companion that I've ever had who's been in the mission less time than I have. It's going to be a great experience and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm expecting to see a lot of miracles from this faith-filled greenie!
 
This week should be great. We're spending most of today seeing people because Elder Coffin's been in this area a while and wants to make sure he says goodbye to all the great people here.
 
I'll have a lot to update you guys on next week but for now keep the excitement that goes on there to a minimum if you would. Have a great week!
 
-Elder Guinto
 
P.S. Hey girls, read your scriptures!

No comments:

Post a Comment