Wow sounds pretty eventful to me. Yes I did get the garments. They actually sent them separately and I got the tops just a few days ago but they got here safe and sound.
Well it's a funny story about the hand thing. So, Elder Coffin is one of those elders who's always full of ideas. Some of them brilliant, and others extremely stupid. He can also be very convincing in getting others to go along with his ideas. I still have warts on my hands and they've actually spread a little despite my efforts to be rid of them and so he proposed that we burn them out. He said he'd done it with another elder and that it had worked. Unfortunately we weren't blessed with the proper tools at that time and so we resorted to an electric stove and the backside of a spoon. What made it really bad is because he decided after the first couple singes that it was going to slow so he'd use the big end of the spoon to hopefully cover more area faster and that resulted in searing the whole knuckle. So that didn't end up very well. But it's all better now with the exception of the scar. I think I will just be patient and get it removed when I get home. I have resolved that burning it doesn't work and neither does freezing it or cutting it off or putting that weird solution on it. I'm sure the doctors will have a more effective method.
That's crazy that Jason is back from his mission already! It's crazy to think that this week I'll be hitting my ten months. It really does just breeze by. Pretty soon I'll be at eighteen months and on my way to the final stretch.
I hope you send me some of Kt's pictures. That would be cool. It's crazy to think that she's a senior in high school already! They grow up so fast!
Funny that you guys had lumpia this week because I had lumpia at a members house this week as well! They didn't have the yummy sweet chili sauce though. That I really missed. Thankfully this is the last week of the tight budget and then we should be alright. I'm surprised that I was able to make it all work out but really goes to show what you can do with careful planning.
It's still crazy that Shon's already getting married and even crazier that Candace had a baby! It'll be weird with two new people in the family and while I'll always be loyal and have that loving memory of Aunt Kelly, there's always love to go around. Make sure Dad remembers that no matter who she is, she is a daughter of God who deserves to be happy too and he can either be part of making her feel welcome and loved or be part of making her feel lonely and unaccepted by people she doesn't even know yet. I ran across a cool scripture in chapter 3 of Malachi this morning that says that the Lord, in the last days, will separate the righteous from the evil, those who follow God and those who serve the Devil. It really is that black and white almost when we think about the decisions before us. We can be a force for good and a force for evil. And all things are given to us which are expedient to man to make that choice. Choose wisely.
We had a pretty good week this week. Not as amazing as last week but still quite good. We've been able to maintain good work with the members which has really resulted in great progress in our investigators with baptismal dates. We set another one with the brother of one of the members. We saw him on the street and taught him an introduction to the Book of Mormon and the spirit was strong enough that he agreed to be baptized at the end of September right then and there! It was really cool.
I also got to go teach in the Spanish area again. I'm really looking forward to a time when I don't have to convene as many companion exchanges. While it's really great to have the opportunity to teach and learn from many different elders throughout a transfer, it makes me leave my area on a consistent basis, which I really don't like to do. I definitely get a lot of variety but lack the consistent focus that I can put to my area. It's hard but I still enjoy it.
Our area's really starting to pick up as Elder Elliott and I have been getting more and more consistent. It's really getting to be a great time to work in Emerson. Unfortunately I don't have too much to update you on because most of the things that went on in our area I wasn't there for but we're continuing to experience a lot of success in bringing a lot of people closer to Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment