Dear Mother,
Woa, never heard of a ganglian cyst. But it doesn't sound like too much fun. Tell Maleah that high school is nothing to worry about. She's pretty, fun, sociable and smart. She'll fit right in with the right people and it'll be great.
It's good that Katelyn is not overdoing it her senior year, although I don't know if it's wise not to take ANY math. But it's her choice and she'll do fine no matter what she does. Also I have no idea who Merl is. Sorry.
That's crazy that all these people are getting married! I'm missing all the action! But there's really a lot of action that we're seeing out here. Tell Becky and Chelsea that I said hi back. That'll be really cool to get a letter from President Turner. I've always looked up to him a lot. Also tell David I said hi! I was thinking the other day about him and how he probably only speaks tagalog now. It was funny because we had a new missionary training this week and all the Portuguese missionaries were there so I sat with them at the lunch that we had. All of us were speaking in Portuguese and then I turned to my companion and said something and he totally didn't understand me and I realized that he couldn't understand anything that we were saying.
I'm glad the baptism went well. It's such an amazing experience to attend when there's a convert baptism. The spirit is so strong and you can just see and feel the change that is taking place in the life of another person. It's truly something to live for.
Well we had a real blessed week this week. Elder Elliott and I really worked hard and smart. We were running around constantly and we really had no time to breathe between all the service that we did and all the appointments that we had but we really were blessed with a great week. We set two more baptismal dates with people so we have three people that have committed to preparing themselves to be baptized on a scheduled day. One of them we found this week.
It was an interesting story actually. Elder Coffin and I ran out of miles last month so we were walking down the street and a guy stopped to talk to us because he'd met with the Elders before. Turns out that his daughter and his ex-wife are members of the church and he was actually almost baptized when he lived in New York. We didn't talk long because he had a place to go but we were able to give him the church address and when sacrament meeting started. Two weeks later, he's in church! I wasn't in church that day because my responsibilities took me to another ward but when he came to church yesterday we met with him afterwards and set him with a baptismal date! He's really one of the most humbled, spiritual, prepared to receive the Gospel individuals that I've met on my mission so far. He's getting baptized September 19 so we're excited to teach him the rest.
We also found a new family this week, which was quite a miracle. We received a text with a referral to the family from a member who lives in Toronto, Canada. We went and visited the referral right away but their daughter Maria was the only one home so she told us to come back in an hour or so. We went and did a little finding and getting in contact with some potentials, hoping that there might be an opportunity to make it back there some time that night because we actually had an appointment with someone else at the time we were told to return. The appointment cancelled and when we came back to meet with them I found out it was actually someone that I'd met about five weeks ago! We didn't teach her because I thought she only spoke Spanish because when she greeted us at the door and I realized she spoke Spanish I just started into speaking Spanish and that was the sum of it. We were going to give her as a referral to the Spanish Elders in West New York because they cover our area in Spanish (Kindof) but she said that she needed like a month for things to settle down. On top of that after we start talking with them, in walk the Mitchells, the senior missionaries who work in our ward who had been trying to get us there but we couldn't because of the appointment. Anyway we had a great lesson and they came to church this week! We're planning on setting them with a baptismal date on Tuesday.
It's a really exciting time for working in Emerson! Elder Elliott and I have a lot of faith and we're experiencing miracle after miracle here! The wheel's really getting some momentum here and we plan to use it!
I hope you all have a great week and continue to build your faith that God is preparing people for you to meet and talk to about the Gospel so that it can touch their lives and result in the salvation of many souls!
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment