Monday, December 13, 2010

E-mail received 12/13/2010

That's alright I like long letters. WOA! Brittany's married now!  That's super weird! I knew stuff like this would happen but when it actually happens it's a little strange realizing that it'll be a quite different home I'll be returning to.

It's really kind of sad going to mission activities now and realizing that it's my last on my mission. Time flies way too fast!

I'll definitely be praying for you and your job opportunities. I know that finances are pretty tough right now. One of life's greatest struggles is embodied in the most simplest of phrases in the scriptures: "Endure to the End." When we read it it sounds so easy, so rudimentary. But when we experience it, we realize it's much more difficult than we ever anticipated. The comfort comes in knowing that we do not have to do it alone. We can, but why would we? Isaiah told us to lean not unto our own understanding, in all our ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct our paths. Then enduring not only becomes easy, but enjoyable because we're in it together with our families.

One item you might like to know, and I probably should've told you this earlier but here it is, you should probably get that package off ASAP because we're getting mail on Wednesday and after that we're not getting mail till probably January...just a little note.

I'm probably going to be sending you a package with the rest of my clothes and some other things that I don't really use much. I'm "de-junking." I also have a lot of things that are pretty distracting so I'll probably send those too. I should hopefully get those off today. Now that we're in a two-man again we have a little more time on P-day's to do things.

Transfers went pretty smoothly this week. Elder Calderoni and I are still together but the whole zone changed drastically. Almost every companionship changed and almost everyone who got switched out were switched with Elders who I've worked closely with before and who were zone leaders the transfer before. We got stacked! Our zone has most of the best missionaries in the mission! We're going to really rock the Hudson Front this transfer and we're all super pumped to work together!

One of the things that I think sets apart the missionaries that came in with any other missionary is the keen ability to set good goals. I think goal setting was definitely something that I lacked before I came out on a mission. I really appreciate how much easier everything is when you have a clear and bright direction to guide your feet. You also feel the glorious light of purpose which really helps you to achieve worthy accomplishments and improve internally so that those triumphant moments last. We've set some really good goals with the missionaries to really get their purpose and obedience in their hearts so that they can really reap in the white field before them.

Elder Calderoni and I were a little disrupted by the bulk of meetings this week. We enjoyed a great meal at the mission home with our zone where we shared good company, good food, and good conversion stories that we've all experienced in our time here in New Jersey. We also had a great fireside in Union City, in Spanish. Great talks, and inspiring music helped us to remember the real meaning of Christmas and the wonderful blessings the Savior's birth brought to all who live on this earth. I hope, as you exchange presents and gifts this year, you remember the gift the Savior has given you and just how much it really cost. Show gratitude to your Father in Heaven, who's given you everything by giving Him what you can render. Service to others, a loving hand to lift up, a kind smile, a letter of encouragement, your heart, your all. Though some may feel they have little to give, what little means so much to those who have none. The Savior said, "These deeds shall thy memorial be, fear not, thou didst them unto me." ("A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief) I challenge each of you to really capture that magical spirit of Christmas this year in giving, and grateful receiving.

We're excited to work hard this Christmas season, knowing that we are bringing the greatest gift that anyone on this earth can receive: the matchless love of God's divine son. It's truly a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love.

-Elder Guinto

No comments:

Post a Comment