Woa, Jason Hensley's getting married! That's super fast. I feel like I recognize the name but I definitely don't know who that is. (Kyle's friend who just got home from his mission this past summer and just announced his engagement.)
That's way crazy that all us fat boys are coming home slim. It'll be really cool to see the transformation!
Jaron sent me an email! It was so funny because I was way more excited for that email than any other email or letter I've gotten on my mission (save yours of course), including those from girls! It was pretty funny to think about.
(When Kyle called on Christmas he told me this had been the best Christmas he'd ever experienced and then shared with me their experience. I asked that he write it down so I could share it with everyone else. The following is that story.)
Alright so there's not much time so I'll get right to the story and then another one. We've been teaching this really great family from Haiti and they really work hard. We had recently just met with the mother and found out that her mother had died and she had to make an emergency trip back to Haiti for the funeral that would be the three days leading up to Christmas. We went over on the 23rd so that we could help the kids organize the house so that it would be all nice and spotlessly clean before their mother got home. While we were helping them clean the house they were telling us how their mom wouldn't return until Christmas day and that they really had no hope of a Christmas. Because we were helping them completely clean their house, we were definitely sure that they had no food, no presents, and no cheer for Christmas. As we were driving home from helping them out our hearts ached for them and we wondered if there might be anything that we or the ward might be able to do for them. Next morning we talked with the bishop and the relief society president and the members responded miraculously! Within a few hours we had calls from over 10 families donating food, toys, clothes, stuffed animals and money so that this family could have a Christmas. We spent all of Christmas Eve running around the Hudson Front to get everything for them and our excitement just continued to increase the fuller and fuller our car became. The moment finally arrived and we delivered it to them. They were blown away! They'd never seen such a feast before them! We walked in the house and they were all in separate rooms in quite a brood and within minutes of the arrival they were all in the same room playing, laughing, and sharing with each other! It was truly a Christmas miracle and a blessing to see. Nothing compared to giving Christmas and a blessing to receive such a vision.
-Elder Guinto
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment