Tuesday, December 7, 2010

E-mail received 12/6/2010 - December Already!

I sent the pictures they should be getting to you soon. I didn't email on saturday because we didn't have the temple trip. The assistants texted us and told us that all temple trips were to be postponed until after transfer conference so that they would get people going and then going again because their new companion hadn't gone already. We will hopefully be going either this saturday or the next but we're not sure yet.

Sounds like a lot of job opportunities are opening up and the Lord is preparing you to do some great work. Just keep praying and I know that the Lord will direct your paths. Lean not unto thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.

As far as the tow incident. Don't worry about sending any more money. I don't spend anything so it shouldn't be a problem. I already bought a very inexpensive pair of shoes so my needs are taken care of. I know that my companion doesn't have a lot of funds to his name so I volunteered to pay the whole amount. I don't expect him to pay any of it but he's already decided that he wants to make it up in installments so what I get from him I'm going to put into an emergency reserve fund just in case something else comes up.

It's kind of weird. Most of the names that you've said are ones that I don't recognize like the Mortensens & the Shepards. Maybe I just didn't know them very well but I'm excited to meet them when I come home.

That's cool that you're getting the tree! We set up ours last Thursday. It's fake, and it's white but it does the job. I miss Washington where everyone has a real tree and I told everyone how it's a travesty that we're having a fake one but in most places in New Jersey it's illegal to have a real tree because it's a "fire hazard."

Transfers are this week! Neither Elder Calderoni or myself are getting transferred so we'll have the blessing of serving together for at least six more weeks. After this transfer we will have served for a fourth of our mission together! Crazy! Two companionships are being doubled out and the zones getting a major face-lift again. Should be pretty exciting.

What a wonderful time to be doing missionary work. The first snows of the season are falling today and field is, literally, white and already to harvest. Elder Calderoni and I have really been looking towards the following transfer and the miracles that we're expecting to occur.

We had a great week this week as we were really able to contemplate on the things that we want to improve in so that we can fit ourselves for the work to which we are appointed. We met with the zone leaders and with our district leaders to talk about how we can move the mission in a monumental way towards bringing more of God's children unto Christ. We surmised that the best way is unity. We've seen examples from the Godhead, the first presidency, and the quorum of the twelve apostles about how unity is an inspiring and absolutely vital part of a working appendage of the church of Christ. We've been examining ourselves to see what we can change to have an eye single to His glory and our hearts knit together in unity and it love. we may need glasses and a lot of string to do that but no doubt it will be worth it.

As we met with the district leaders about what goals we would help the members of the zone set we realized that the work plays so much into our own desires. Really what we focus on, we will get. Whether that focus be on relaxation and pleasure or on the salvation and exaltation for ourselves and for others, it is our choice to choose the results we attain in this life. We determined to focus on matters of the heart for this transfer. Really helping missionaries focus on their own faith and perfection so they can minister that renewed testimony of divine truth to bless the lives of those they serve.

Elder Calderoni and I have really seen how setting goals yields powerful fruits. Our last zone goal was to put every missionary out on the line in testifying to everyone of the truth and divinity of the book, prophet, and Gospel we are called to proclaim. We've had the opportunity of seeing three choice souls begin from one critical moment where we were pushed by a goal to contact a person that we'd never met before and share with them the talent we've been given. Those three people now have baptismal dates for the day after Christmas and are progressing like wildfire! We truly gained a testimony that there are prepared individuals all around us. We don't know who they are but the Lord does and, as we seek for it, the Spirit will guide us to them and we must open our mouths.

One of those people had a really hard time coming to church this last week but made it anyway. His father is a pastor and very antagonistic towards the church. The son forgoes the family strife because he's already received a witness that these things are true and he cannot deny it. We admire him because he's really pressing through some strong opposition so that he can be baptized the day after Christmas. It's an inspiration and a blessing to see his determination.

We're excited to work and hope that you all can feel the power and love of God this Christmas season.

-Elder Guinto

No comments:

Post a Comment