Alrighty so lot's of business items this week. Finance first. Woa, was not expecting that money. I don't intend to spend it. I was fully resigned to the fact that I would have 30$ for the rest of the mission. I used the 79$ to buy a good warm coat for the winter and a really warm hat. I just remembered suffering through last winter and I just took a look at what I had and decided it was worth it. It's a really nice coat that I got at tj max and it's super warm so it should be a better winter than the last one. The only other potential expenditure that I can foresee would be the last package of ropas home which I'll probably do before the end of January.
Second, here's my plan for Christmas. Just so I make sure I don't miss Katelyn, I'm going to call at 9:00 AM Pacific Time, when you guys should be opening up presents and talk with you guys just for 10-15 minutes. Then I'm going to call again at 4:30 PM Pacific Time, hopefully some of the family will be there at that time so I'll be able to talk to them too!
I'm so excited you got the job!! I won't lie, I was praying really hard for it this week. While it sounds like it's going to take some time away from home, it's eventually going to make everything a little more relaxed. Things will be a little more taken care of and there will be less worries. Remember though, and this may be mostly for Dad and the girls, with great endowment comes great responsibilities. Be careful about raising the standard of living because of a plentiful increase. Great kingdoms rise and are felled in one great swoop as they yield to worldly impulses to splurge in times of plenty and not prepare for times of famine. One thing that I know has really blessed Elder Calderoni and I is being careful with our money so that we have things set aside for an emergency. (Like a super unexpected ticket!...we paid one of those this week.) Be careful and wise with how you use what the Lord has blessed you with.
That's awesome that so many people are getting their Eagle award. I kind of regret how much I wasted my teenage years but it does not do well to dwell on the past. I wonder how Cameron is doing with Kylee being engaged. But I bet that's all way in the past. I can't wait to see where he goes on his mission!
It's good that Dad's exercising and developing his singing talent. When people ask me where I learned to sing I just tell them that my dad's an excellent singer. Hopefully now Dad will learn songs in their entirety now instead of just two lines of the chorus.
We had a really great week this week. We've really been working hard to get this one investigator ready to be baptized on the 26th; the day after Christmas! He's now our 200$ investigator! He's really fighting through a lot of opposition with his father being a pastor though. He's really going to make it though, we're so excited for him. This week he made it to church on his own and he surprised us by coming in a really nice suit! Usually he comes in regular clothes but this time he polished up and he was mistaken for just a regular member. It's really cool to see people transform as a result of the Gospel touching their lives.
We really saw success as we were taking out members with us this week. God really put the resources in our path this week to make great things happen. We were walking on Thursday and we happened to bump into one of the members, who we haven't been able to get a hold of for a team-up in a long time. We asked if she'd like to come with us because we were on our way to an appointment. She came with us and we had a great lesson with a less-active, recent convert family. After the lesson we walked the person home and she agreed to come out with us to two other appointments later that day. As we were leaving her house we were approaching the appointed finding time between the hours of 5-7PM and Elder Calderoni felt inspired to ask her where she thought we could go to find a new investigator. She gave us a referral but told us that we should wait for her to talk to them and then visit next week but gave us a street that she felt prompted that we should go to. We straightway went and knocked a few doors on the street till we met a guy who'd met with the missionaries in South Africa and wanted to learn more about the Book of Mormon! What a member miracle! The lessons with the member later that night went exceptionally well in that we did very little of the talking and the testimony of that member really sank deeply into the heart of those investigators, who both committed themselves to baptism that night. Members are amazing!
I'm so excited for this wonderful Christmas week! There's going to be lots of miracles and we're planning on doing some Christmas Caroling with the zone. Should be fun! Have a great week!
-Elder Guinto
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment