Wow that sounds like a super specific dream about me coming home. Weird. I am glad to say though that that hasn't happened and all is pretty well out here in New Jersey. We missed out on P-day last week because we woke up Monday morning and our car had a flat frozen tire so we had to drive out to pep boys and were stuck there all day. But everything worked out.
That's super sad about Brother Chapman! He was a really great guy and he always had a love for those he worked with. He died very young but he will always be remembered for his charity to others and the great boys he raised.
This past few weeks have been pretty eventful here in Jersey City. My new companion's name is Elder Summerhays. He's from Pleasant Grove, UT and he's got a major attitude! He's so much fun to work with! He just lays it out for the investigators in the plainest, bluntest, bravest way possible and it just works for the level the people are at. He's got the least fear of any missionary I've ever worked with and he's only been out a transfer! He's definitely going to do a lot of great things in leadership because he's valiant in every activity that he does. He sets great goals and he sticks to them.
We've been having a lot of success because we've really been focused and attentive. There were a couple big storms this week but we didn't let them stop us. We hit the road, ran through the snow, even threw a few snowballs at each other and taught as we went.
We've been able to find a few great people this week. There was one particular investigator who I met the first transfer that I'd been here. We lost contact with her a long time ago but for some strange reason I always felt prompted to keep writing her name in the back of the new planners I would get. She's the only potential from September that's still in there. Anyway we decided to stop by this week and we met them and set them with baptismal dates! Within five minutes they were asking us when they could get baptized! It was a really cool miracle and awesome to see how humble and prepared they really are.
One funny cool experience that we did have this week that I just have to tell you about is that we got robbed! It happened yesterday. We went into an appointment and Elder Summberhays noticed some guys who were just hanging out around the park. When we came out of our appointment I noticed things were moved around in the car a little bit and Elder Summerhays was the one to notice the smashed in window. They stole my gps. Don't worry dad, everything was packed away and there was no evidence that they could've seen to know that we had one so we weren't robbed out of any negligence on our part. The cops just said, "I guess tonight was your night." It was kind of a funny, awkward experience. I think Elder Summerhays was more devastated than I was when he found out they took his gloves. But that was all they took was the gloves and the gps. They left the 2 bags of food that were in there, the gas card, our supplies. Very odd, but whatever.
Things have been getting pretty exciting and we're in for more. There's supposed to be a big storm tomorrow but we're really hoping that it just blows over. Elder Summerhays is just as big of a fan of snow as I am so we're both just really hoping it ends up being nothing. I hope that everything works out for you guys and remember how important sleep is! (No matter what Elder Summerhays refuses to wake up early with me!)
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment