I'm glad that you didn't forget!
We weren't able to write yesterday because of Martin Luther King Jr. day but we got on today just before transfer conference so that we can get emails off.
Sounds like work continues to be super special awesome! It's funny because work's going to be so much less fulfilling when I get home after doing missionary work for two years.
I'm excited to see the videos. I'll probably send you a package soon with the card that I have now and some clothes. If not next p-day then the one after that. I returned the beige pants that you bought me, because we can't wear that light of a color, and finally bought a good pair of shoes! Yay! I've needed them for so long and now I finally have them so it's good to have good shoes to exercise in. Thanks so much!
That makes me feel old knowing that Tanar is getting ready to go out on his mission. I still have him in my mind of when he was 12! I wonder if he's still the same mop-headed little kid he was so long ago. Crazy!
So yeah you guessed right. I need to learn how to write stuff faster. It's not so much stories that Jaron and I exchange so much as stuff that's useful in missionary work, so it gets me jazzed and I write a lot and then there's just no time to write. Plus I've been writing Chris and Steph too so there's even less time. You're still priority one though! Has everyone been pretty good at coming to church?
Don't know if I approve of this sweet stuff from Caleb but if it brightens KT's day that's fine. He'll leave on his mission before too long anyway so I'm not worried.
This week was pretty fun. I got a letter from Miranda so that was fun and exciting and we also did a lot of exchanges this week so unfortunately there isn't much news from Jersey City since I've been gone from it all week.
We really have some amazing district leaders we're working with so it's really exciting to see everyone improve drastically the last week of transfers.
Speaking of transfers, I'm staying for my fourth transfer in Jersey City! Elder Calderoni is being transferred but we're pretty sure we know where he's going. I also know exactly who my companion is but we'll wait till next week to tell you, just to be sure. I'm no longer a zone leader, which I'm soooooo happy about, but I'm training (or rather as president described it: doing the second phase of training) a newer missionary. I'm so excited! You really love being a leader and it's so cool to see all the blessings in the zone but it's a super big relief when it's over because there's just too much for us to do and only 24 hours in the day! Seriously, we need more!!
We're preparing one great guy for baptism this Sunday. He's really an amazing story. He read the Book of Mormon and just after reading the introduction the Spirit filled him and he received an undeniable impression that the Book was true. Whenever we taught him anything after that he has such faith in it because he always prays about it and gets a firm spiritual answer. We're so excited to see him baptized this Sunday.
I'm so stoked for what the new transfer will bring and what new surprises that Jersey City has in store. We're really going to focus on a new area in the City that I've never gone proselyting in because it's mostly Americans and, as a unwritten code, most missionaries here don't like teaching Americans. But we're going to swallow our pride and laziness and go to work! Hope you guys have a great week!
-Elder Guinto
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment