Monday, March 14, 2011

E-mail received 03/14/2011

Pictures are on the way. I have a full card to send you with lots of pictures and things but I'm probably going to send it with a package of clothes and things.
 
It's still super weird hearing that Kylee's married and Jaron's about to go home in just another transfer. Time flies by soo fast! Although it's also kind of struck me that more people haven't gotten married in my time out here so far. The sisters who came out with me are going home at the end of this transfer, which will be very very strange to have them leave. It just seems like yesterday that I came out here!
 
That's exciting to hear that Jared is heading out on his mission! I see there's so much potential in him. He's always had big dreams and I believe he's got the tools to make many of them realities and serving the Lord is just going to help them be even more possible. I can see him being a great man when he comes off of his mission. Give him my best wishes.
 
This week's been pretty mellow. I had to go to a leadership conference for a good portion of the week in Morristown and my companion did most of the work in the area this week. We've really been making adjustments on working with the great ward with three sets of elders instead of two. Elder Summerhays and I think we're going to really start using the sisters of the ward because they've got so much potential to help us out but none of the elders really want to work it out to use them. We talked with the Relief Society President and she's really going to start rallying the sisters to go out on team ups with us so that we can get some great fellowship to the sisters we're teaching. Go Relief Society Sisters!!
 
We had a great miracle when a less-active member decided, out of the blue, to be the most active member. She just had an epiphany that she needed to get her act together and now is a gospel sharing machine! She started having Book of Mormon study with her friends after school and is just doing awesome work with the youth! It's amazing what a young woman can do when she puts her mind to it. Obedience is truly a choice that she's decided to make.
 
Other than that there's not much to report. The weather is getting progressively better and both Elder Summerhays and I are looking forward to the Spring. It should be exciting! Everyone keep reading those scriptures. We've really seen how spiritual progress really thrives or dies on how committed our minds are to study the words of Christ!
 
-Elder Guinto

No comments:

Post a Comment