Dear Guinto family,
I just returned from a trip to the New York area for business. While I was there I took the opportunity to go to church in the Jersey City second ward. The elders quorum president of that ward was once in a teachers quorum where I was the advisor many years ago. Blah, Blah, Blah. Here’s the part you might care about. I was able to meet your son and go on split’s with him the following Saturday! I was so impressed. We went to the first appointment. As you know most places you have to be buzzed in. So we were trying to get in and they weren’t answering the door. Just then a couple of nice little ladies walked up with a key and let us in. Not to miss a chance your son approached the lady and asked her if she was a religious person? She responded that she was and he asked her if she would like to hear their message of Christ. She said she would love it. He got her name and number and scheduled an appointment for this Wednesday. I know you pray for him and for his investigators. If you would please just add Beverly to that list specifically and especially for this Wednesday! Elder Guinto did such an amazing job getting her to commit to listen and she seemed truly golden to me.
So after their appointments ditched them in the morning I took them to lunch. I am preparing a talk on the power of the BOM for this Sunday so I asked your son and his companion Elder Summerhays specifically how the BOM has strengthened their lives. Elder Guinto told me that as he started to turn his life around and got with a group of good friends he started to read the BOM. He said the greatest blessing from the BOM was how it helped him draw closer to his father. He said his dad is a convert and he thinks that the BOM played a key roll in strengthening their relationship. I was deeply touched as he bore his testimony of the BOM.
I’m sure you feel very blessed to have such a good son and brother. He is setting a great example for his little sisters. Rest assured that your son is exactly where he needs to be. I’m from Utah and didn’t feel like I was in danger there at all. The NJ mission would be challenging but the rewards would be amazing as well. They had 7 confirmations the Sunday I was there!
I’ve attached a couple pic’s. They are standing in front of an investigators house and the other is their meeting house. I think they meet on the third floor somewhere. The meeting house is actually pretty nice. You have a great young man and you have obviously done a great job raising him.
Best regards,
Cody



No comments:
Post a Comment