Yeah I still have to send pictures. I finally got around to sending a lot of other stuff last P-day but unfortunately none of it was to you guys. I'm definitely at least going to get two memory cards mailed off to you today so you should be excited for a good haul hopefully. There's a lot of stuff with Elder Summerhays and I in it so it'll be fun.
We're trying out a new library today but sessions only last 30 minutes so hopefully I can get everything in.
I'm definitely not disappointed that you guys won't pick me up in November. Plus if you were coming to go sightseeing there really isn't many sights to see and virtually no museums of any interest unless you want to go to New York. Sorry dad. I could show you some nice ghettos though.
That is kind of weird that I got a better scholarship than Katelyn because she got way better grades than I did but she'll probably be able to qualify for a lot more than I did. Also I didn't even apply for the scholarship that I got. It was just offered to me. I'm really kind of riding off of God's free handouts. Strange, but I'm definitely not complaining. I've actually been really thinking about school lately and what I really want to get into and I'm not really sure if I really want to go to the business route. I would make bukoo bucks and it would be easy to find work but of most of the chosen fields I don't know if I'd be able to enjoy work or have enough time with my family as I would like. I've really kind of been looking into the field of nutrition and physical therapy but unfortunately I can only research as far as talking to others in the ward who are already in that kind of stuff. I would really like to do something that brightens peoples moods and makes other people happy but that doesn't totally consume my life and still provides for a comfortable lifestyle. Maybe I'm dreaming a little too big but I've still got time to figure it out.
Tell everyone thank you for sending letters to me. There's been a few great and unexpected letters that I've gotten from some people and I really enjoy hearing from everyone. I'm sorry I'm pretty slow on the response but I'm doing my best to get to everyone. Thanks so much to everyone's love and support!
Katelyn and I definitely have to find a place together for college! We'll talk later about the dating thing...
Well this week was an exciting week. We worked a ton with the great members of the Jersey City English Ward! There were 11 members this week who volunteered their time and testimony and came out with us to teach! Their fellowship and love is so essential to this work and I don't know what we'd do without them. Elder Summerhays and I have been particularly striving to utilize the amazing Relief Society Sisters that we have in this ward and it's been a great success so far. It's a little harder to schedule so that we have another priesthood holder to be with us but it's all worth it because of the amazing love and sincerity the investigators feel from these incredible sisters. Don't ever underestimate the sisters! I hope you all can seek out a way to help in the missionary effort in your area this week so you can feel the joys that come from selfless service.
The coming of the new month means re-evaluation and also new goals to set. The monthly focus of the mission will be finding new investigators and really putting out the message of the restoration so that all can be comforted and blessed by it's true and uplifting message of salvation. At district leader council, the zone leaders and Elder Davies, the other district leader, and I, were excited to help the whole zone work in unity to help more of God's children come unto Christ. The new zone goal is going to be focused on meeting the needs of every investigator to help them be baptized and focusing evenly on every person who comes into our teaching pool.
I've been focusing my studies lately on finishing a book called "Our Search for Happiness" by Elder M. Russell Ballard. It's an incredible book about our missionary message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I've found many new insights and understanding about the principles that I teach. It's amazing the literature on the Doctrine of Christ that God has given us to help us gain a greater understanding of Him.
I hope everyone is studying the scriptures and is finding the wonderful direction and guidance contained in them.
Have a great week!
-Elder Guinto
No comments:
Post a Comment