Monday, August 15, 2011

E-mail received 8/15/2011

Last Tuesday was just a fluke. And the charge for Burlington Coat Factory is legitimate. To commemorate the threesome we bought a tie that came with matching handkerchief, tie-bar, and cuff-links. It's really nice and it was a pretty good deal. You should actually be getting some pictures from the bishop's wife in the second ward soon. We played games with them today and they took some pictures.
 
It's crazy that Katelyn is leaving this week! I was talking with Derek Sanchez on Sunday and he said that he's going to say "Hi" to her for me. It was crazy when I looked at all of the people in the two wards who are leaving for BYU this week and realized that I'll be going to school with all of them in a few months! I wish her the best of luck and I'll see her in a few months. One question, is she taking the car?
 
With the larger area we do have a car but we are on our bikes when we are in the Trenton area. We found out last night that they are re-splitting the areas and Elder Smith is getting transferred tomorrow. I have been re-assigned as a trainer again and will be receiving a new missionary companion tomorrow! It'll be great to have an excited new missionary again and knowing that he will be my last companion (The new training program lasts for two transfers)  and I'll be training in Trenton for my last transfer!
 
This week was definitely a really busy one. We met with so many families and I really bonded with many of the families in the Princeton 1st Ward. I'm sad I won't be serving there anymore. There was one great family named the Wartenbakers who are a Filipino-American family from Dad's Island of Becoel( I know I just slaughtered the spelling)! They were just like any other half-Filipino family and their children were amazingly bright and talented. We had pansit and chicken adobo and I was just home on Sunday again! We also had a Filipino barbeque with a Sister Golden. She said she may have a sister who knows dad. Her sister's name is LeGrace Akino. I don't know if it rings any bells.
 
Some of our investigators have really caught the fire this week. One particular investigator started reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it daily. She hasn't quite received what she might merit as an answer yet but she's seen a definite difference in the way that she's been feeling lately. You can even see a huge difference in her 2-year old son! He used to be super disobedient and quite the little hoodlum but now he folds his arms during the prayer and shares with everyone! She's so excited to come to church and to get baptized!
 
There was a great opportunity in church that we had, going to the two wards, to see both a missionary farewell talk and a homecoming missionary report! They were both incredibly prepared for the world that they were heading in to and both equally frightened of the individual tasks ahead of them. One missionary was coming home from an incredible mission in Los Angeles, California and the other was just heading out to Santiago, Dominican Republic. They were both an inspiration to me to take advantage of every spare moment that I'm having out here!
 
The more I'm here the more I realize how precious my mission is to me. It's shaped me and molded me into more of a man of God and it's really giving me all of the tools that I'm going to need as a worker, a husband, and a father. It's a priceless gift given from an eternal father to his once wayward son. I love it out here. I love the Spirit out here. My joy is really coming from serving and helping others and I know that's how God is getting all of His eternal joy. I hope this week we can strive to find more joy from serving others and being charitable. It's definitely the most ordained way to finding happiness.
 
-Elder Guinto

No comments:

Post a Comment