Monday, August 1, 2011

E-mail received 8/1/2011

I did finally get the debit card on Saturday. We finally got a batch of mail! I activated it and everything so all should be well. If you could tell me what my balance is in your next email that would be great. Hopefully I don't lose my identity again!
 
Thanks for Andrea's address. Hopefully she doesn't take a letter from me the wrong way! That's interesting to find out that they moved. I hope everything worked out with her having problems with her stomach.
That's so excited to hear about the future and returned missionaries from our stake! I'm so excited for Cameron! It is a little sad that I'll not see him for four years now but it'll be interesting what man returns. He will definitely be going out a lot more prepared than I did and he'll be able to do wonders in Brazil! My former companion, Elder Calderoni, actually lived right across the street from the MTC that Cameron will be going to and he said that it was always a reminder to him and his family to be able to be around and among the servants of the Lord. I know Jaron has done great works and continues to contribute in huge ways to the work of the Lord where he can. It's great to know that no matter what part of life that I may be in that I'll always be able to be a missionary!
 
We had an amazing week this week with miracles everywhere! We started everything off being able to have a personal interview with our new mission president: President Jeppson. He is definitely a dedicated servant of God! He's a former patriarch and you can definitely see that he continues to uphold the sacred standard of that assignment. He prophesied to my companion a little bit about the great things that he could do in the mission field and when he returns home and he talked with me about my own conversion experience. He's definitely spiritually in tune, valiant in obedience and a diligent example. It brought great zeal to us to know we have such a great new mission president!
 
That day we were able to help three new investigators to set dates for baptism but one of the greatest miracles happened in the heart of one of our other investigators. He's a young bloke we've noticed coming to church recently with his girlfriend. She more or less forces him to go but when we invited him to learn from the lessons he wasn't hesitant at all. He said he figures that he might as well learn something while he's there. This last week was our very first lesson with him and we had only about 15 minutes. We asked him if he had any questions about what he saw at church and his one question was what the significance was about the Sacrament. We were able to bear testimony about the cleansing power of the Atonement and then teach about how these glorious truths have been restored through a prophet of God after many long years of apostasy and corruption by men. You could see each truth hit him as an unseeable force but the impact was clearly visible. At church yesterday he told us that he really liked what he learned and how he felt. Hearts changing is the real miracle of this work.
 
Our own potential is more than we can comprehend. Christ knows where we can be but especially exactly what we need to be to be happy. In turn He's given us commandments so that we can reach that divine goal. Though we may not understand all of them, each of them is vitally important. The one commandment that encompasses them all is to love one another. If we have love one to another we follow Christ's example. Perfect love isn't packaged in candy boxes or grown in fresh gardens but it is nurtured in our thoughts as well as in our sacrifice. God's love was selfless when he gave his best to many of the worst so that in it they could find ever lasting joy. Let us forgo the judgement we may reserve for others and give our very best to those who may censure us. I know that this brings joy and peace.
 
I love you all and hope that your prayers this week may be fervent and faithful!
 
-Elder Guinto

No comments:

Post a Comment