Tuesday, August 23, 2011

E-mail received 8/22/2011

Tell Grandma and the gang that I said hi! I'm not nearly as faithful as she is in writing me. One of the things, by the way, that I asked for last week was if you could send me Chris' address because I wanted to send something to him. I've been reading lately in "Our Search for Happiness" by Elder M. Russell Ballard and I thought it might be able to lift him up a little bit. If you could get it for him or just give me his address and I can send him my copy that would be swell!
 
That's great that Katelyn, Mike and Mckay are all going to school. It seems like education is a must for comfort now a days and it really makes all the difference in opportunities. As far as course selection I really have no idea. Believe it or not I've been thinking about possibly going in to engineering. I seem to switch all the time but I really don't have the resources to be looking into anything seriously so I can't really set my heart on anything yet. I just see people and I see things that I might like or would work for what I'm capable of doing. We'll see what happens but I guess just sign me up for whatever you think might be good. I would like to take either the Book of Mormon class or the marriage and family class for my religion class though. I heard they were both very good and I would love to go to one of them.
 
Hopefully everything works out with the jury duty thing. That seems like it'd be pretty silly if they didn't let that one go.
 
My new companion is Elder McMillian! He's from South Jordan, Utah and we're the same age. He actually graduated the same year that I did as well. He went to two years of college first at Utah Valley University and almost has his associates degree. We get a long really well but he's not the biggest fan of Trenton. Who can blame him though, he's coming from the beautiful wide open Utah to the concrete jungle of Trenton. It'll grow on him though I think he hasn't quite adjusted to doing the missionary thing yet but he's definitely got a lot of heart and is coming into the field really prepared.
 
They've given us another new training program to follow and it's incredible how fast the church is progressing in every phase of the work. They really focus us in on our purpose and it's helped us to be a lot more productive. We've definitely felt the Spirit testifying through us and leading us to those who are prepared to receive the message of the Restoration.
 
We had one instance where we had to bring some bad news to an investigator who needs to do a few things before he can get baptized and some situations led us to feel like we needed to explain a few things a little better to him. We gained a testimony of accepting the Lord's timing. We could scrape by and get him baptized sooner but it wouldn't mean much in the long run if he's not really prepared. As we follow the Lord and accept His will he leads us and helps us to gain the most out of what we're given and prosper in the days to come.
 
We're changing a lot of the things that we have been doing and working in untouched parts of our area to find some more prepared people who are ready to hearken to the voice of the Lord and not sleep. Pray for us and we'll pray for all of you that you can have similar opportunities to share this life changing Gospel. There is no greater gift than this time to sew and to reap!
 
-Elder Guinto

No comments:

Post a Comment