Wednesday, November 18, 2009

First E-mail received on 11/09/2009 (edited for readibility)

So here's my e-mail address (kyle.v.guinto.njmm@myldsmail.net).  I don't have a lot of time on this so emails will probably be super short.  Mission is going great and I am having a great time!  There's more detail in letters.  Right now it's p-day and my laundry is going.  If you haven't gotten any of my letters my companion, Elder M, is Canadian, like SUPER Canadian.  It's actually quite hilarious.  Oh and my roommates are going to Canada, and my district leader is Canadian.  So yeah, I'm like immersed in Canada here.  Although it is safe to say that I have been purged from all of my prior prejudices.  Very funny I know.  I'm sending a letter to you today which has a lot of stuff in it but you probably won't be able to read it but that's ok.  The spirit here is truely amazing and I almost hope that I never leave!  They make the experience very real and very intense.  Elder M and I have an appointment with an investigator for example on Wednesday at 5:45.  But he doesn't have much time so we're only there on a fifteen minute visit.  I'm so excited and nervous.  Oh and tomorrow we're going to the referral center where we get to talk to like investigators over the phone and chatting online!  People have gotten baptisms through it!!  I'm so excited.  Also let K know I found my replacement for her. (; Sister B is also going to the New Jersey Morristown Mission and she's just like K!  She even plays the piano!  She's really cool.  But I do miss KT and M very much.  Pujuing, I found out, isn't very missionary like.  So there's no one to puju.  Anyway I really miss everyone but I'm having a great time here at the MTC.  Everyone is great here and the experience is one I'll never forget.  Please write!  Sister T gets like 8 letters a day! and I get none...but K sends me packages. (:  I love her!  I was so excited about my first package.  Oh mom, if you haven't sent my sunglasses yet, you should go ahead and send me my american crew designing paste. (:  much love! -elder guinto

NOTE:  Regarding all the Canadian references:  When Kyle was about 14 or 15 he went to a week long scout encampment in Canada.  Most of the Canadian Scouts were not very nice to our boys and Kyle developed some rather strong opinions about Canadians based on the experience.  Despite years of telling him that he couldn't judge all Canadians based on his experience with a few, he held on to those prejudices.  I told him he was going to get called on his mission to Canada so he could develop a love for the Canadian people.  He didn't get called there but obviously the Lord found a way to humble him anyway and rid him of all his prejudices against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment