Thursday, November 19, 2009

First letter received, no date but postmarked 11/6/2009

Dear Family,

My first day at the MTC was amazing.  The first ten minutes were pretty crazy and I was way earlier than anyone else but everyone in my district is great.  My companion, Elder M, is really cool, and really Canadian!  He's from Alberta, Canada.  Eh & all!  There are two Canadians, including my companion & both were my first friends at the MTC.  Kind of ironic.  We hit the ground running (I think) with class & then onto a big group meeting with all the missionaries.  We met the MTC presidency & the president is President S!  Our old stake president.  And he recognized me!  As a V anyway.  We had a really cool activity where we as a group were trying to convert investigators.  It was very spiritual and inspirational.  The food is pretty good if not a little meaty.  We had mashed potatoes & steak.  Needless to say I didn't eat the steak.  Anyway I love it here & the people are amazing.  I hope everyone is well & safe.

Elder Guinto

P.S.  Give the e-mail address & mailing address to the family, esp. K & Grandma!  If you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment