Dear Family,
Know that I am safe and sound here in Parsippany, New Jersey. The flight was really long but I am happy to be here. President & Sister B are amazing and very nice people. We had lasagna & Costco All American Chocolate Cake for dinner. We were greeted at the airport by the missionaries who were leaving & then by President & Sister B & the AP's. We then drove to central Newark where we began street contacting. I was assigned to Elder B who was a lot like me. We sang one verse of Called to Serve before we broke off sprinting through the streets of Newark and started talking to the first person we saw. He had a firm belief in Jesus Christ and accepted to have us in his home. We must have contacted like 30 people and gotten like 20 of them to accept us to teach them at a later time. The people here are so humble and open about their beliefs. I can see why my patriarchal blessing says I will succeed because I have a love of the people. We even prayed with a bunch of them right in the middle of the busy sidewalk. The willingness of these people to come towards God and change is astounding! I am so happy to be here! I hope you all are well and that my letters find you soon. I am staying at the mission home tonight. I am getting assigned my first companion tomorrow. Today has been a great day!
Elder Kyle Guinto
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment